Paramedic – Dallas Emergency Department
With our $62 million ED renovation, we are expanding our Paramedic team!
As an Emergency Department Paramedic at Children’s Health, you will play an important part in helping children get the care they need. This important role provides care and support to pediatric patients and their families during all aspects of the ED visit. Core duties include providing a first look assessment of patients as we welcome them into our ED, managing patients in the waiting room with ongoing assessments and approved interventions, and working in conjunction with the care team as we strive to make a difference for our patients and their families.
The successful candidate is independently motivated with the ability to quickly reprioritize multiple tasks, works well in a team, is highly adaptable to a fast-paced work environment, and maintains strong customer service skills.
This position is part-time, 2 shifts/week.
Multiple shifts available: 1300-0100 and 1500-0300 with weekend and holiday requirements.
- Initiation of PIV catheters, lab workups, and administering approved medications and IV fluids
- Perform documentation of patient care in EMR system per department and hospital guidelines
- Administer approved medications per physician order and standing order
- Exhibits exceptional family and patient-centered care during all phases of the ED visit
- Assist all staff with general duties including room restocking, cleaning, inventory counts
- Assist in the training and development of new staff to the Emergency Department
- At least 2 years job related experience, 5 years preferred.
- At least 1-year Pediatric experience preferred
- At least 1-year Experience in acute care/emergency setting strongly preferred
High school diploma or equivalent required; additional training beyond high school required
Licenses and Certifications
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification required
- Either one of: Texas EMT-P certification or Texas LP licensure required
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) within 180 Days of hire date required
- ACLS (Advance Cardiac Life Support) certification required within 180 Days of hire date
- PPMAB required within 60 Days of hire date
At Children’s Health, we value the role each team member plays in helping us deliver on our mission of making life better for children. We take pride in providing a rich and rewarding career opportunities that enable team members to reach their highest potential.
For nine consecutive years, Children’s Health has been recognized as one of the 150 top places to work in health care by Becker’s Hospital Review. This esteemed list features healthcare systems which offer professional development, growth, excellent benefits and promotion of diversity above and beyond other organizations.
Children’s Health offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for learning and career development. We promote a diverse and inclusive workplace, and our team members have a voice in their work through surveys and town halls.
We invite you to learn more about Children’s Health.
Location: Dallas, Texas
Activation Date: Wednesday, November 18, 2020
Expiration Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2021