Description: Administers first aid treatment and emergency response to guests and employees of the Nashville Zoo. Conducts advanced life support skills as allowed by the local, state and federal protocols. Provides basic information relative to identification and condition of patient. Must use sound judgment in the analysis of emergency and non-emergency situations and react calmly and quickly under those circumstances. Provides appropriate follow-up information and documentation of any injuries.
Assists with relocation of lost children and provides general park information to guests. Work hours parallel with zoo operating hours. Must be available to work weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs emergency medical skills, within the scope of their practice.
- Administers care in conjunction with facility or client protocols.
- Working knowledge of anatomy and physiology to obtain a pertinent history.
- Reinforces the implementation of patient and family care with the effective use of time, resources, equipment and supplies.
- Attends monthly Risk Management meetings and provides information to improve overall zoo safety
- Works with local emergency services
- Completes all accident forms and provides any necessary follow-up
- Ensures that first aid kits throughout the park are fully stocked
- Ability to work with general public and children while representing the Nashville Zoo in a positive manner
- Ability to communicate effectively and to encourage respect and trust of employees
- Well-organized and able to think well on his/her feet
- Ability to represent the organization and maintain professionalism in various situations
Must be able to work outside year-round under typical Tennessee temperatures, often for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand and/or sit at a desk for extended periods of time in a small workspace and bend down. Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Minimum (1) year of experience as a Paramedic / EMT / EMR
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- EMT certification
All positions with the Nashville Zoo are contingent upon submission to a background check and drug screen.
Nashville Zoo is an EEO Institution and a Drug Free Workplace.