A BRAND NEW Continuing Care Retirement Community, The Glen at Scripps Ranch is now hiring EMT Safety Officers. The EMT Safety Officer performs daily door monitoring checks and conducts scheduled internal and external rounds. He/she is responsible for responding immediately to all emergency situations at the Community and is required to demonstrate the acts and principles of exemplary customer service to all internal and external customers at all times.
- Responds immediately to all emergency situations at the Community. Practices proper First Responder protocols and life safety policies and procedures.
- Assists the Safety Director with random mock testing and training of staff to ensure emergency preparedness.
- Assists the Safety Director or designated management representative with daily door monitoring checks.
- Conducts scheduled internal and external rounds.
- Maintains departmental emergency equipment and supplies to ensure proper functioning.
- Ensures compliance with policies & procedures and reports all discrepancies and unsafe conditions to the Safety Director.
- Demonstrates the acts and principles of exemplary customer service to all internal and external customers at all times. Responds to and documents customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Current CPR, AED, and EMT certification
- At least one year of EMT experience preferred
- Previous employment within the medical response environment.
- Eighteen years of age or older.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light to moderate physical effort up to 90% of the workday. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, and squatting. Must be able to transport residents via wheelchair, pushing up to generally 200 lbs. Able to occasionally lift, carry and balance generally up to 125 lbs. (250 lbs. with assistance). Occasionally push and/or pull wheeled carts and equipment generally weighing up to 200 lbs. May be exposed to communicable diseases including HIV and Hepatitis B viruses; industrial and household chemicals; offensive odors; and combative behavior.
Welcome to The Glen at Scripps Ranch!
Located in Scripps Ranch - San Diego, The Glen at Scripps Ranch is a brand new developing Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC).
The Glen at Scripps Ranch offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with match.
Free employee gym, tuition assistance, commuter reimbursement, employee referral award, AND MORE!
Come join our dynamic team at a place where you can impact the lives of others! Apply today online or stop by to complete an application.