This posting is for Short Term 2020-2021 Position
District Office: Student Services
The EMDC assistant coordinator must meet the requirements outlined below, which are in
accordance to the NM Child Care Licensing Regulations.
Education, Experience and Licensure Requirements
At least two years of experience in an early childhood growth and development setting and one of the following:
- New Mexico Child Development Certificate; or
- Early Childhood Program Administration Certificate; or
- Child Development Associate (CDA) Certificate; or
- Certified Child Care Professional Credential (CCP); or
- National Administrator Credential (NAC) and the 45 hour course or equivalent within the first six months of hire and the two years of experience in an early childhood growth and development setting, including the “Child Growth and Development” class at an accredited college or university”; or
- One-year Vocational Certificate; or
- Associates of Arts (AA) or Applied Science (AAS) degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education.
At least one year of experience in an early childhood growth and development setting and:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education or a related field; related fields include: early childhood special education, family studies, family and consumer sciences, elementary education with early childhood endorsement or other degree with successful completion of courses in early childhood.
At least three years of experience in an early childhood growth and development setting and:
- Three program administrator courses to include the following: program management, curriculum for diverse learner’s and their families, and professional relationships.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of and experience with early childhood programs and management;
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written;
- Knowledge of and experience with office procedures;
- Supervisory and management skills;
- Budgeting and procurement skills;
- Ability to organize multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Must comply with the safety guidelines of the Rio Rancho Public School District.
Reports to: Enchanted Mesa Daycare Coordinator
Evaluated by: Enchanted Mesa DaycareCoordinator and theDirector of Student Services
Supervises: Site employees under the EMDC coordinator
The following tasks are primary responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with hiring program staff.
- Assists EMDC Coordinator with training and supervision of program staff. Oversight, support, and management of staff, payroll for staff, and financial management;
- Coordinates program and curriculum;
- Communicates with parents the daycare schedules, routines, procedures and information;
- Ensures menus adhere to nutritional guidelines;
- Monitors environment for safety hazards and follows acceptable health practices involving the school nurse when necessary. Assures that all staff are CPR and first aid certified;
- Assists EMDC Coordinator with development of appropriate curriculum and oversees implementation of appropriate age-level programs of study;
- Consistent classroom visits.
- Works with staff to identify, implement, and monitor programs for children and families for appropriate school-age programming. Develop programming options and coordinate with appropriate school, community agencies and district staff for execution of proposed activities. Continue to develop a positive district-wide model;
- Assists EMDC Coordinator with development and management of budgets for program activities;
- Develops a comprehensive list of program options for recipients. Work collaboratively with Shining Stars Preschool, other elementaries and outside agencies to develop initiatives;
- Provide recommendations to the EMDC Coordinator for program changes, innovation, and curriculum;
- Reports weekly to the EMDC Coordinator.
- Maintains records of activities and program participation, and perform clerical duties as necessary. This will include an annual report with surveys to parents, staff, and students;
- Develops appropriate policies for the operation of the EMDC programs in addition to other identified programs within the district;
- Serves as backup for EMDC Coordinator during leave;
- Complies with state-approved New Mexico Administrative Code of Ethical Responsibility of the Education Profession and the RRPS Employee Standards of Conduct and upholds and enforces rules, administrative directives and regulations, school board policies, and local, state and federal regulations;
- Performs related duties consistent with job description and assignment as assigned.
The following documents must be attached to complete this application:
- One (1) transcript from each credentialing college or university, or, if you have no college credits,
- A copy of your High School Diploma or GED Certificate
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Review Salary Information Here