As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals.
The Endoscopy Technician is an integral part of the GI team within the Endoscopy department who under the guidance and direction of the nursing team accomplishes a variety of delegated nursing assistive tasks such as equipment and supply set-up, assisting with collection of specimens, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment and scopes, exam room prep and clean-up including the documentation of cleaning and disinfection processes. They will complete direct patient care duties to ensure optimal patient outcomes and an exceptional patient experience.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Completes tasks as delegate by RN with defined role functions and competencies.
- Assist with the implementation of the established plan of care, as delegated, and assist the physician and nurse before, during and after the diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, handling of devices used during procedures including forceps, snares, tomes, baskets and balloons under the guidance of the procedure physician.
- Reprocesses and maintains equipment according to standards of infection prevention. policies/procedures and manufacturers’ instructions.
- Provides and maintains a healthy and safe environment for the patient and staff by complying with regulatory agency requirements and standards set forth by professional organization and institutional policies,
- Maintains knowledge of current practice issues related to the field of gastroenterology. Participates in performance improvement activities as directed, collaborates with the care team to ensure quality and continuity of care.
- Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level of population served. (If applicable to position.).
- Performs other duties including Performance Goals developed by manager and employee and reported in the employee’s Performance Review as part of UMPhysicians’ Performance Management tools
In order to qualify for this position you must possess:
- Graduate of an accredited: Surgical Tech, or Endoscopy Tech or Instrument Tech Program or specialized training/education in gastroenterology.
- Specialized training or education in gastroenterology.
- BLS Certification
UMPhysicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.