The Endoscopy Technician, under the direction and supervision of the Lead Endoscopy Technician and Registered Professional nurse, performs diversified duties to assist with endoscopy procedures, related endoscopy room activities and delivers patient care.
Monday-Friday Day shift position
- Assisting in the admission, transfer and discharge of patients to/from the endoscopy room.
- Participating in preparation of endoscopy room and contributes to the efficiency of the endoscopy suites by communicating all pertinent information to the appropriate staff.
- After each procedure, cleaning and disinfecting all endoscopes and accessories
- Entering patient data and information into the scope processor
- Reviewing endoscopy schedule in advance and proactively assesses unit and patient needs and any potential obstacles (conflicts, etc) to providing care
- Reporting any changes in patient's status to the registered nurse and/or physician.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- BLS required.
- Previous Patient Care Tech experience preferred.
- Certification preferred.