Looking for an opportunity with a company whose Core Values include Teamwork, Customer Care and Employee Ownership? Cargas is that company. Being recognized for 13 years on the PA Best Places to work confirms that we do what we say.
From our employee-owned culture to our flip-flop-friendly dress code, Cargas does things a little differently. You get to be in the thick of the action. We practice Open Book Management, so you know the sales, profits, challenges, and opportunities. We collaborate at all levels, so your ideas are heard. We have a flexible work environment, so we trust you to make good decisions on when you need to put in extra effort to take care of customers and when you can take time for personal matters. We have an environmentally-friendly office building, with solar panels, passive solar, and an indoor bicycle rack and showers. We share success widely through our Profit Sharing, Bonus Plan, and Employee Ownership. We work hard and have fun!
We are looking for a Technical Support Consultant for our Energy Customer Support team. If you like to work in SQL in large databases and trouble shoot customer support tickets, this is the position for you. This person needs to be able to listen actively to fully understand the content and intent of others' messages, as well as the ability to clearly communicate a response both verbally and in writing to customers and team members.
- Delivers support ticket responses efficiently and accurately.
- Debugs SQL procedures and .Net code.
- Troubleshoots, configures, monitors performance, and makes recommendations for SQL server.
- Identifies key opportunities in our code and makes improvements to benefit customers.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge base on useful scripts, common fixes, and how-to’s.
- Develops work-arounds for bugs beyond Cargas control (such as hardware issues).
- Uses customer experiences and professional insight into emerging devices and technologies to make recommendations for product improvements to Product Development team.
- Meets individual and team productivity goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or business field.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a customer-facing position (software support experience a plus); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ability to develop a deep understanding of Cargas Energy software.
- 2-5 years’ experience (or relevant coursework) in SQL, .net, database and related applications.
- Knowledge of and skill in setting up and using computer hardware such as servers, tablets, and related devices.
- The ability to absorb new technological concepts and use internet resources to quickly answer any question (Google-Fu).
- Strong listening, conflict resolution, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Cargas Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity.