Leads assigned programs that are of interest and meaning to our residents in order to enhance their lives and exceed their active aging lifestyle expectations.
- Leads assigned Engage Life programs.
- Offers adequate and diversified recreational activities to residents with sufficient supervision for each activity.
- Develops programs for residents including, if applicable, programs designed for residents confined to their rooms.
- Engages and motivates residents resulting in program participation.
- Informs residents of upcoming activities and maintains a current schedule of events on the bulletin board.
- Greets new residents making a special effort to include and engage them in activities and introduce them to others in the community with similar interests and backgrounds.
- Assists in planning parties and activities as well as decorating the community according to the season and/or holiday throughout the years as well as planning monthly birthday parties to honor residents.
- Assists in Bright Beginnings including housewarmings.
- Supports and actively participates in the community’s census building initiatives.
- Maintains records of all activities, resident participation levels and acceptance of each activity by residents as required by state law.
- Assists Engage Life Director in enlisting the services of volunteers to aid the activities program.
- May drive company vehicle from community to social and other various destinations (only if required by community).
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three (3) to six (6) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience acceptable.
- Able to write simple correspondence. Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Activity Coordinator, Activity Planner, Event Planner, Event Coordinator, Recreation, Recreational Activities Coordinator, Activities
Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in 190 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 14,600 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer. Atria provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria also does not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on these protected classifications. We require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination-free and harassment-free work environment.