Leads assigned programs that are of interest and meaning to our residents in order to enhance their lives and exceed their active aging lifestyle expectations.
- Leads assigned Engage Life programs.
- Offers adequate and diversified recreational activities to residents with sufficient supervision for each activity.
- Develops programs for residents including, if applicable, programs designed for residents confined to their rooms.
- Engages and motivates residents resulting in program participation.
- Informs residents of upcoming activities and maintains a current schedule of events on the bulletin board.
- Greets new residents making a special effort to include and engage them in activities and introduce them to others in the community with similar interests and backgrounds.
- Assists in planning parties and activities as well as decorating the community according to the season and/or holiday throughout the years as well as planning monthly birthday parties to honor residents.
- Assists in Bright Beginnings including housewarmings.
- Supports and actively participates in the community’s census building initiatives.
- Maintains records of all activities, resident participation levels and acceptance of each activity by residents as required by state law.
- Assists Engage Life Director in enlisting the services of volunteers to aid the activities program.
- May drive company vehicle from community to social and other various destinations (only if required by community).
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three (3) to six (6) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience acceptable.
- Able to write simple correspondence. Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Activity Coordinator, Activity Planner, Event Planner, Event Coordinator, Recreation, Recreational Activities Coordinator, Activities
What’s the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on earth. What’s more, you are part of an extraordinary company – one that’s investing in the future of senior living by investing in you. Don’t just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in more than 225 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classifications.