ENGINE FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN - LEVEL II-19000078
Engine Field Service Technician Level II
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of – then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Technicians!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers’ success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you’ll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
This Engine Field Service Technician Level II role is both customer- and mentor-focused with opportunities to move into management or training with travel to other Service facilities.
An Extraordinary Cummins Technician…
• Embraces new technology for diagnostics and data gathering.
• Focuses on a high level of customer service and communications.
• Looks to develop their skill set and product knowledge through classroom, hands-on, and virtual training.
• Mentors and coaches junior technicians.
• Readily adapts to a changing work environment and work assignments.
Skills and Experience Required:
The Engine Field Service Technician – Level II has safety, customer satisfaction, and business responsibilities within branch operations. The person in this role is responsible for diagnosing and completes less complex repairs to engines at the customer’s site.
• Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, and fully participate in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
• Maintain adequate personal tooling to perform assigned tasks.
• Respond to all customer requests courteously and professionally, in a timely and responsive manner.
• Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all times, meeting all Company standards for professional appearance.
• Advise the Service Supervisor of parts needed for necessary repairs.
• Document detailed, complete and legible descriptions of all repair operations performed, using required all forms and procedures.
• Accurately record time, expenses, and mileage.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with dealers, customers, management, and co-workers.
• Maintain company and product confidentiality.
• Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
• Stay apprised of new techniques relevant to the work being performed; achieve and maintain technical competency.
• Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
• All other duties as required.
• Engages customers in a courteous and professional manner. Anticipates and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs
• Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete less complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools
• Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on engine and related components in the field
• Escalates unresolved issues to more experienced Field Service Technicians and/or Supervisor
• Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, time-sheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens
• Identifies additional sales and service opportunities with customer
• Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
• Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
• Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to site management and to their supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Education, Licenses, Certifications
• Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
• Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution (Preferred)
• Locally valid driving permit
• Basic level field service work
• Intermediate level of Engine product knowledge
• Customer service experience
• Level I Technician plus
• In depth mechanical repair and maintenance capability to carry out external engine repairs including fuel system components without supervision
• Ability to carry out full diagnostics using Cummins diagnostic tools on different product types without supervision
• Able to fully use all required Cummins service tools including Insite, EDS, Quick Serve On Line
• Familiar with basic warranty/policy terms
• Ability to develop and maintain productive customer relationships and educating customers on operations and maintenance of products
• Ability to identify and up sell further service and repair opportunities
• Able to identify opportunities for work process improvements
• Can resolve common technical problems
Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company Service vehicle, including but not limited to:
o Must have a current, valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside.
o Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance.
o No convictions for any driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs charges (DUI) within prior 5 years.
o No greater than three (3) moving violations within prior 12 month period.
o No greater than 2 avoidable accidents on MVR within prior 3 years.
o Candidate must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing and meet all physical requirements for the position.
o Must meet current DOT requirements.
o Ability to obtain and renew CDL preferred.
Requires On-call, after hours, night shift, out of town/overnight stays in outside and Hazardous working conditions.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently; pushing and pulling a maximum force of 50#.
• Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protective Glasses, Protective Gloves, and Protective Footwear as required.
• Standing 7.5 hours per day
• Pushing/Pulling 4.0 hours per day
• Sitting 1.5 hours per day
• Lifting 1.5 hours per day
• Lifting up to a maximum of 50 pounds
• Bending 3.0 hours per day
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: https://www.cumminstalentcommunity.com/profile/join/
Primary Location United States-Colorado-Grand Junction-US, CO, Grand Junction, Cummins Rocky Mountain 731
Job Type Shop
Recruitment Job Type Technician
Job Posting Jan 22, 2019, 8:20:46 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing