Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys® automotive aftermarket retail and service chain, Auto Plus® automotive aftermarket parts distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care® owned and franchised automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over 22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
The EP (Engine Performance) Technician is responsible for using experience and technical expertise to diagnose drivability and electrical systems and to hold an Emissions Repair License. Expected to use leadership and mentoring skills to drive a team to increase customer care and satisfaction, A successful EP Technician will have direct interaction with customers and deliver superior service through educating the customer on the problems and proposed solutions for their vehicle.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Diagnose and repair to specifications -- brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment, air conditioning, emissions and computer systems.
- Perform job duties of all lower job descriptions (Technician A, Technician B, Mechanic, General Service Technician)
- Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Assist fellow technicians/mechanics in performing technical activities.
- Keep store management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur.
- Maintain an organized and neat shop.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety and environmental rules.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We expect you to help set the pace and tone while helping to develop the team around you. Collaboration and a team first mentality are a must if you are looking for success in this role. In addition, we require review the following to measure your fit for this role:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ year of strong automotive mechanical diagnosis, problem-solving and repair experience.
- 3 ASE certifications (A6 Electrical, A8 Engine Performance, L1 Advanced Engine Performance)
- State Emissions Repair License is required
- Section 609 Certification required
- High level of motivation, energy and a customer-focused attitude.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Availability to work days, nights, holidays, and weekends as needed
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- May drive a vehicle if needed.
- Lifting of heavy equipment >100 pounds is required.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.