Customer First | Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Fun!
Peterson Machinery has an immediate need for an experienced Engine Technician at our North Bend, OR location.
At Peterson our Vision is to be our customers’ first choice. We put our customers first and continually strengthen our partnerships through our employee’s hard work, ingenuity and determination. Our 80 year history is a reflection of our collective efforts and focus.
We provide a family oriented environment that promotes safety, personal growth and professional achievement. Critical to our continued success is hiring and developing exceptional employees. We are deeply committed to providing an environment necessary to attract and retain engaged employees who will relentlessly strive to reach Peterson’s strategic goals and vision. We have high standards for our employees, with good reason. They represent Peterson, our family, our brand, and our values to customers and our team members.
We have high expectations and so do you. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and are looking for more than just a job. We offer competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family owned and operated business that really cares about employees. If you want to work side-by-side with others who are passionate about customer service, consider joining our team. You can help us write more chapters in our success story as we move towards celebrating our 100 year anniversary.
Reporting to Shop Service Supervisor or Service Manager, the person in the position performs service activities primarily in the truck service shop for customer and/or sales, rental fleet equipment, and field service.
- Analyze and diagnose equipment malfunctions on on-highway truck engines and chassis – all makes
- Pre-delivery setup and installation on all makes and models of Caterpillar truck engines, trucks, and related equipment
- Repair, replace or rebuild engines and related systems and components – all makes
- Repair, replace or rebuild chassis, and related systems and components – all makes
- Operate chassis dyno
- Work with-in established flat rate and warranty time guidelines
- Write service reports that accurately document activities
- Prepare required documentation including work orders, parts lists, and time cards in an accurate and timely manner to enable other employees to do their job in a timely manner
Associate's degree in a related field and four (4) years truck equipment service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Peterson Machinery Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A drug screen and background check is required.