The Aerospace Engineer works on the research, development, design, testing, and analysis of aircraft modifications as well as related technology for helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft and associated flight components and instruments. Works independently on engineering projects, manufacturing assignments, and aircraft modification design and/or repair assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Formulate conceptual design of aeronautical or aerospace products or systems to meet customer requirements.
- Direct and coordinate activities of engineering or technical personnel designing, fabricating, modifying, or testing of aircraft or aerospace products.
- Use computer-aided design (Auto-CAD) software to draw up project plans.
- Carry out ground and flight-testing programmes on prototypes.
- Collect and analyze test data.
- Plan and supervise the assembly and fitting of aircraft and components
- Evaluate product data and design from inspections and reports for conformance to engineering principles, customer requirements, and quality standards.
- Estimate project costs and time scales.
- Review performance reports and documentation from customers and field engineers, and inspect malfunctioning or damaged products to determine problem.
- Give presentations to managers and clients.
- Perform routine OCONUS travel and within CONUS travel as required.
- Position requires a U.S. Department of State Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.A./B.S. degree from a four-year college or university in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Degree emphasis on aircraft avionics systems or structural design.
- Masters Degree in Engineering.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum 10 years of aircraft design and modification experience in a maintenance environment.
- Experience in aircraft avionics, electrical, and structural modifications/repairs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio) and computerized maintenance tracking programs necessary to perform job functions.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking.
- Must be able to read and communicate in English to a high level in both written work and orally.
- Experience in aircraft performance, propulsion, and ground flight testing
- Basic understanding of mathematical modeling of physical systems and Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- Willingness to contribute in both technical and non-technical areas to ensure the success of the team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job Knowledge & Skills - Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of technical responsibilities; performs tasks withminimal supervision; exhibits skills needed to perform the job; troubleshoots & recommends/implements solutions.
- Productivity - Works effectively & meets goals; takes initiative to improve performance.
- Quality - Works accurately & meets quality requirements; questions errors & reports inconsistencies; follows processes & procedures
- Work Habits - Provides accurate & consistent documentation; handles multiple tasks effectively; makes appropriate decisions; demonstrates accountability for own work & actions; provides timely communications regarding work status.
- Initiative & Innovation - Looks for new & better ways to get work done; asks questions to strengthen skills; seeks new responsibilities; shares ideas for new processes/solutions to improve job & company.
- Interpersonal Relationships & Teamwork - Listens attentively & responds appropriately; cooperates with others; resolves conflicts/problems with others; assists with a variety of team roles.
- Dependability - Begins work on time adheres to planned schedule on the job; shows flexibility to meet deadlines; sets an example for others; completes tasks in appropriate time frame to meet company, team and individual goals.
- Safety - Adheres to all safety and security policies & regulations; reports hazards & safety problems/incidents immediately.
- Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve; open to different ideas, suggestions and trying new things.
- Training & Development - Has completed the required training; pro actively identifies new training & development opportunities.
Job: WASS MAINTENANCE
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Palm Bay
Overtime Status: Exempt