Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The incumbent works in an entry-level capacity under the guidance of more expernienced engineer and associates.
• Learns Altec’s product lines and systems/rules/processes required for different Engineering roles at Altec.
• Practices prudent engineering and effectively apply formal engineering training adding to the overall effectiveness of the Engineering Group and enhancement of Altec’s position within the product line
• Participates and contribute productively as part of Altec’s team-oriented design, manufacture and customer service/support efforts
• Operates with appropriate entry-level decision-making latitude within the scope of an assignment
• Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in the engineering field
• Communicates with customers on issues of technical specifications, product design and operation as appropriate
• Provides technical support to sales associates
• Supports Operations, Sales, and Service
• Interfaces directly with Suppliers and Customers
• Learns and Utilize Lean principles to improve our products and processes
• Works on various sizes of Altec projects
• Works within any of the Altec departments as assigned to grow knowledge and skill for future Altec positions
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required.
• EIT registration or ability to obtain registration required.
• Current valid Driver's License
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
• Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying.
FINANCIAL BUDGETING, CAPITAL, AND/OR MANPOWER RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated record of responsibility
• Extremely detail oriented
• Customer Service Oriented
• Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
• Maintain Company confidentiality
• Must handle stress and deadlines well
• Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
*Should the selected candidate met the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted!
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.