The Engineer functions with a high degree of autonomy and is responsible for product development from initial concept through start of production (SOP) for Toyoda Gosei (TG) North America Corporation (TGNA), and TGNA Manufacturing Companies (NAMCs).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Create APQP and engineering documents.� Support design development from initial concept thru SOP.� Attend customer build events and root cause issues.
- Negotiate with customers on product design, styling and engineering requirements while ensuring manufacturability and profitability
- Provide design proposals for Automotive weather strip parts or other components utilizing 2D & 3D design tools.
- Complete benchmarking examinations of competitor�s components and emerging technology.
- Provide technical reports, open items list and presentation package to customers & internal departments
- Improve designs & define new design guidelines to be adopted by the group to improve quality and productivity
- Create and maintain records of product development as required by our quality system
- Work with customers and other internal groups to resolve component functional problems.
- Develop drawings as necessary and participate in Design FMEA, as required.�
- Continue to improve the product development process to provide a higher level of service to our customers.
- Demonstrate basic project management expertise. �������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������
- Drive optimization by being actively engaged in continuous improvement efforts
- Function in a highly collaborative environment where flexibility and teamwork is crucial to individual success
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- Up to five years of relevant experience is preferred
- Experience with OEM/ JOEM engineering release systems is preferred
- Strong understanding of general design and engineering release activities is preferred
- Understanding of the various phases of APQP �from initial concept through post-production is preferred
- Familiarity with automotive standards, concepts, and practices is required
- CATIA V5 or NX/UG experience is preferred������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suites 2007 or newer is required
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines is required
- Effective verbal, non-verbal, negotiation and written communication skills are required
- Ability to sustain a high degree of professionalism in interacting with internal and external customers is required
- Effective attention to detail, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills is required
Toyoda Gosei North America Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive compensation and benefits package.