Position TitlePipeline Hydraulic Modeling/Field Engineer
The Field Hydraulics Engineer is a new position within the recently formed Operational Technology team of NGL Water Solutions’ Engineering department. This role will be responsible for spearheading field hydraulics engineering, including troubleshooting, modeling and engineering pipeline systems and facilities. This position will act as a liaison between field operations, automation, the Vice President of Engineering and the Vice President of Operations. In addition, this position will be responsible for using historical, current and forecasted data to optimize pipeline operations and provide poignant suggestions, to ensure safe and efficient results.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring engineering designs conform to NGL, local and federal policies and regulation.
- Provide operational and technical support for existing assets to resolve engineering and operational issues.
- Collaborate with GIS, Operations and Construction to ensure accuracy of network model.
- Engineer, plan, design and optimize water pipeline network and associated facilities.
- Build and maintain hydraulic model in Synergi.
- Route new pipelines in the most hydraulically efficient manner.
- Prepare engineering reports to justify capital spend on new or existing facilities and pipelines.
- Cultivate strong understanding of Water Solutions Operations.
- Responsible for being available outside of normal business hours to assist with troubleshooting, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance at the worksite is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering with seven (7) or more years of experience in the energy midstream, upstream oil & gas, or water midstream specifically related to pipelines.
- Experience with DNVGL hydraulic modeling software, ArcGIS and Ignition or other SCADA software and Microsoft Office.
Position Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal required, with ability to present complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Flexibility to prioritize assignments in a fast paced, ever shifting growth-oriented environment to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving, and business acumen.
- Willingness to be available and work extended hours.
- Willingness to be available to travel extensively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to be a positive representative of the Company both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with respect and cooperation at all times with fellow employees and customers.
- Must be committed to working safely at all times.
Up to 50% travel required. May require the ability to travel to field locations where environment may vary significantly.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must constantly position, transport and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; move across large areas including uneven terrain, sometimes quickly;
- Be stationary for long periods of time;
- Work in confined or restrictive working spaces;
- Ascend stairs or ladders, work atop tanks, traverse metal walkways at heights;
- Balance with equipment and while moving large and/or heavy objects;
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
- Reach with hands and arms above the head and to ground level;
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl or otherwise reach into confined spaces;
- Push and pull material and equipment from one place to another;
- Communicate with and exchange information verbally and in writing;
- Work using repetitive motion.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work requires physical efforts associated with using the computer and phones to access information.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Occasionally in an office environment.
- Occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places.
- Regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, hand tools and small to medium-sized power tool use.
- Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Regularly exposed to non-toxic propane fumes or airborne particles.
- Regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is required to be performed at the work site during regularly scheduled hours. Physical presence at the work site is required.
This job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide the incumbent with a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.