Provide on-site and in-house customer support to ensure successful installation and operation of Semilab metrology systems. Semilab’ s primary customer base is the Semiconductor and Photovoltaic industries as well as research and development facilities. Handle service issues related to Semilab products, working directly with customers and local representatives. The candidate will work closely with other Semilab departments to ensure full support of customer service needs and maintain service excellence.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide on-site field service support at customer facilities worldwide to address tool installation, emergency repair, warranty and service-contract works
- Coordinate rapid response on service-related issues to both internal and external customers
- Prepare service reports in a timely manner to document issues and ensure effective resolution
- Prepare and conduct service-related training for internal and external customers
- Test Semilab production and diagnostics system software
- Work with internal and external resources to generate product documentation including service manuals, technical support bulletins and field service procedures
- Report system design issues to improve tool performance
- The job involves up to 50% domestic and international travel
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate degree in a technical field
- Minimum 3 years of field service experience on equipment related support in semiconductor or PV related industry. Direct fab experience is a plus.
- Robot teaching or fab automation is preferred.
- Knowledge of optical metrology and interferometry.
- Demonstrated good customer interaction record with strong presentation and communication skills
- Must have strong hands-on mechanical and electrical skills and demonstrated ability to trouble shoot failure in equipment and sub-systems.
- Strong hand-on skill set on optical system alignment, fine tuning and trouble shooting
- Must be self-motivated, a team player, and capable of multi-tasking
- Must be customer focused, proactive, organized, and a logical thinker
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record with a legal working status in the United States