CAMDEN COUNTY TECHNICAL SCHOOLS
TITLE: ENGINEER - FULL-TIME, 12-MONTH
GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP CAMPUS
- Hold and maintain a New Jersey Blue Seal (1-C) Boilers Engineers' or higher.
2. Physical strength, dexterity and ability to do manual work.
3. Successfully undergo a criminal history check and proof of U.S.
citizenship or legal resident alien status.
4. Meets the health qualifications required of all personnel.
5. Meets NJ residency requirements or willingness to relocate
to NJ within 365 days of employment.
6. Must follow the guidelines of the Camden County Technical Schools'
Nepotism Policy, File Code: 0142.1.
THE BOARD OF EDUCATION DECLARES IT TO BE THE POLICY OF THIS DISTRICT TO PROVIDE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL APPLICANTS REGARDLESS OF AGE, COLOR, CREED, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RACE, RELIGION, SEX, MARITAL STATUS, DISABILITY, ANCESTRY, AFFECTIONAL OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION, FAMILIAL STATUS, LIABILITY FOR SERVICE IN THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES, OR NATIONALITY.
Interviews are at the discretion of the superintendent and/or designee and based on qualifications for the position.
POSITION GOALS: To assure that heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems are efficiently operated and maintained.
REPORTS TO: The Chief Buildings and Grounds Officer and Chief Engineer.
1. A. Operate boiler according to state regulations set down in N.J.A.C.
12:90 and N.J.S.A. 34:1-20, 34:1-47, 43:1A-3 (e) and 34:7-18.
B. Operate all equipment related to HVAC at the plant including the water
tower and related equipment
- Work scheduled shift 7:00 am to 3:00 pm, 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm or 11:00 pm to 7:00 am, according to plant needs. Summer schedule after heating season
- Perform normal and emergency repairs to heating, air conditioning and ventilation equipment.
- Participate in the repair of all boiler and boiler room equipment in compliance with ASME code.
- Report malfunctioning equipment to Chief of Buildings and Grounds Officer and Head Engineer.
- Help prepare all boilers and related equipment for annual inspection.
- Assume any other responsibility as assigned by the Chief Buildings and Grounds Officer or Chief Engineer.
Approved: September 1988
Revised: May 21, 2008
Revised: December 3, 2015