There is something meaningfully different about Andersen. A key to the company’s enduring success is our sincere and thorough effort to do the right thing for customers, for employees, for the community and for the environment.
There has never been a more exciting time to be an Engineer at Andersen. It isn't our history that makes us an industry leader. It's our commitment to innovation. We're constantly setting new standards for windows and doors that raise the bar for the entire industry. Being around since 1903 means we haven't just seen where the industry's been—we guide where it's going.
PURPOSE: This position will focus on being a key contributor to one or more facets of varied projects with the skills and abilities reflective of professional training.
- Work with other functional areas on projects/assignments and assignments.
- Apply customer requirements identified and developed by lead engineering and other core business personnel (i.e. marketing, sales, etc.).
- Introduce ideas and possible solutions that are new and unique to the business.
- Develop complete intermediate level work plans for small projects/sub projects/assignments, including expense/capital estimates and cost/benefit analysis.
- Facilitate smaller teams having explicit objectives and scope.
- Apply basic engineering analytical skills (SPC, process capability, etc) to resolve problems and to satisfy customer issues and market requirements.
- Determine and report feasibility by analyzing and evaluating compatibility of material, process, assembly, and regulatory and legal requirements.
- Assist in writing business cases
- Evaluate and make recommendations for customer service issues.
- Set design specifications and coordinate arrangements for all support activities.
- Present technical information or proposals to supervisor/department manager, service department, sales and/or marketing.
- Coach, guide and train less experienced staff on technical issues within immediate work area
- Able to act as “in-charge” lead for intermediate level assignments/smaller projects.
- Work direction by supervisor is customary with minimal supervision.
- Works independently toward completion of specifically defined tasks, including the latitude to coordinate activities outside the immediate work area and change personal priorities in order to carry out assignments.
- Promotes Andersen interests through outside professional relationships at the local and regional level
- Communicates with vendors (i.e. to coordinate quotes, prototypes and production plans).
CULTURE AND BENEFITS: Andersen is committed to making a difference through challenging ourselves each day, recognizing and rewarding success, taking pride in our work and honoring a legacy built on doing the right thing. There is great respect for life outside work so that you can bring your best self to work.
We are committed to demonstrating mutual respect and appreciation of our similarities and differences so that each employee can realize his/her potential and we exceed our customers’ expectations.
As an innovative and industry-leading organization, we think of benefits more broadly. From your health care to your work environment, to your development and quality of life, we think beyond basic benefits to provide a total rewards package including, but not limited to:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Paid holidays plus PTO
- 401(k) plan & contributions
- Professional Development and tuition reimbursement opportunities
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Environmentally conscious business decisions
- 8,000+ employees and career opportunities nationwide
- 4-year Engineering degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively apply acquired knowledge, skills and abilities to a variety of assignments within a basic range of technical difficulty.
- Shows an understanding of engineering and scientific methodologies and their successful application at an intermediate level of technical application.
- Understands methodologies associated with project planning.