Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
We are looking for a highly motivated, technically sound and an eager to learn individual to join our 8-bit Applications group. We showcase our products with customer centric solutions and best possible customer support to enable our customers be up and running in shortest possible time and effort.
Job will include but not limited to:
- Creating Middleware, peripheral, device libraries and more using Microchip parts
- Device family pack creation and support
- Documentation, application notes, application examples, release notes, technical briefs etc.,
- Testing our products, libraries and hardware
- Customer Support both direct and indirect
- Training internal and external customers
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 2 to 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong C programming skills
- Embedded experience is preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Familiarity with any of the following would also be helpful
- SQL and Python
- PIC and AVR architecture knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with Microchip Tools
- Familiarity with MPLAB Code Configurator
- Familiarity with START
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.