Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is a full-service consulting firm offering planning, engineering and program management services. Founded in 1935, LAN has grown from its humble beginnings as a small Houston firm to a national leader in the heavy civil infrastructure engineering industry. A division of LEO A DALY, an international architecture/engineering firm, LAN has access to the expertise of nearly 800 professionals in 31 offices across the country.
- Perform entry-level professional work including developmental assignments involving the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out routine engineering tasks under direct supervision.
- Conduct preliminary engineering evaluations and studies to identify design improvement alternatives, compare options, and assist in making design recommendations as it relates to light rail transit systems, commuter rail transit system, bus transit, including major civil work associated with grade crossings including paving, drainage and associated utilities.
- Assist in the analysis of reports, maps, drawings, aerial photographs, perform site visits, and review survey data to plan and assemble construction documents.
- Perform plan preparation of portions of routine projects under the direction of project engineer or senior CADD technician.
- Assist in the preparation of quantity estimates.
- Prepare construction, topographic and boundary survey layouts.
- Be responsible for project quality on tasks assigned as defined in the Quality Assurance / Quality Control guidelines.
- To understand the concepts of general civil engineering design for public entities
- To understand engineering design and basic calculations required for civil engineering
- To understand surveying and basic engineering terminology
- Knowledge and understadning of CADD software platforms (AutoCAD, Microstation & 3D CADD such as Revit or Civil 3D a plus)
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- 0-2 years of experience in the field or a related area
- Valid California driver’s license
Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc., is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 713-266-6900. For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the Law