Looking for an exciting opportunity in the nuclear industry? Grow your career at Framatome!
Framatome is a major international player in the nuclear energy market recognized for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the global nuclear fleet. The company designs, manufactures, and installs components and fuel for nuclear power plants and offers a full range of reactor services.
With 14,000 employees worldwide, every day Framatome’s expertise helps its customers improve the safety and performance of their nuclear plants and achieve their economic and societal goals.
Join the energy conversation with Framatome Inc. on Twitter: @FramatomeUS and Facebook: @FramatomeUS.
Framatome is owned by the EDF Group (75.5%), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI 19.5%) and Assystem (5%).
The I&C Business Unit (I&C BU) focuses on the modernization of critical plant systems to support improved reliability, safety, and extended plant life.
The Specialty I&C Engineering (ICTUE) organization within the I&C BU designs and manufactures I&C solutions, replacement parts, upgrade components, software development, and general I&C engineering. Our safety and non-safety related commercial and government nuclear products are varied and involve projects that include board level design all the way up to systems integration.
In addition to maintaining these product lines and supporting new builds and refurbishments, the I&C Engineering organization also supports systems engineering functions on its own products and services as well as offering systems engineering functions such as V&V, FMEA, reliability calculations, commercial grade dedication, and qualification.
The I&C Engineering group performs the following tasks (including but not limited to):
- Project Execution and Reporting
- Technical Document preparation and review, including: Lifecycle Plans, Quality Plans, Requirements Specifications, Design Descriptions, Task Letters (guiding the work performed within the group toward the production of deliverable systems), Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports
- For Hardware Engineering/Design:
- Design of electrical and electronic control systems
- Layout of panels, cabinets, and enclosures using 2D and 3D CAD tools
- Design of analog and digital circuits
- Design of Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) for use in custom/FOAK products
- Embedded software development in languages such as C, VHDL, and Assembly.
- Component Safety Classification
- Equipment Qualification
- Commercial Grade Dedication
- Systems Engineering exercises such as Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA), Reliability and Availability Analysis, Electrical Load calculations, and Heat Rise calculations.
- Reverse Engineering (hardware and software)
- Project Engineering and Task Leadership/Oversight
- Configuration Management (both hardware- and software-related)
- Research & Development (R&D) of new products, technologies, and processes
- Performing training, both at Framatome and on customer site, supporting the systems provided by the organization
- Cross-collaboration with other Framatome I&C organizations, as well as other engineering organizations across Framatome as a whole, both locally and globally
Supporting all Framatome initiatives, such as Design to Cost (DTC), Operational Excellence (OpEx), and other safety, quality, and delivery related directives
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity.
- Bachelor's degree inElectrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering/Computer Science, Engineering Mathematics/Physics, or Systems Engineering (with computer programming coursework or experience) completed by start date plus 0-2 years of relevant work experience. Candidates with an advanced degree and/or experience may be considered for a higher level position.
- Please attach a copy of your unofficial academic transcript as part of your application. Transcripts can be added in the Profile Attachments section (Step 5) of the online application.
- Strong technical problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, Powerpoint)
- Ability to utilize laboratory equipment such as Signal Generators, Oscilloscopes, Digital Multimeters, and Power Supplies
- Classroom/Lab experience involving software and hardware integration
- Strong mathematic and analytical skills
- Time management, problem solving, customer-focused attitude, working to a prescribed budget, teamwork, task ownership and execution
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Previous internship/co-op experience in field of study
- Hardware Engineering & Design
- Experience with 2D CAD or 3D modelling software (e.g. AutoCAD, SolidWorks)
- Skills in Analog & Digital Electronics Design
- PCB Layout (using Eagle, e.g.)
- Project Management/Project Engineering experience
This opportunity is in Lynchburg, Virginia
After work you will enjoy all that Central Virginia has to offer. From beautiful Smith Mountain Lake to the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains you can hike, mountain bike, snowboard and water ski to your hearts content. You'll avoid the traffic hassles of a major city, while being in driving distance to many of the major cities, beaches and attractions along the mid-Atlantic coast. Take in a minor league baseball game or one of the many festivals in the region. Our Young Generation Nuclear group hosts numerous social and professional development events that will allow you to quickly build relationships and advance your career.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.