Live Your Passion. Add Your Magic.
At Montage International, we are doing something different, something exciting and it takes passionate people to bring our vision to life. We have built a culture that leads with the important notion we live by every day; do what you love. If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
Montage Kapalua Bay is recruiting for a Temporary Engineer I, Locksmith to join our team for 6 months (June 20, 2019 - December 20, 2019): Set beachfront atop picturesque Kapalua Bay, this 24 acre-resort is the ideal destination from which to enjoy all of Maui. At Montage Kapalua Bay, you will feel embraced by genuine island hospitality and authentic culture. At every turn, the spirit of Hawaii merges with your own to create pono — a true sense of balance and harmony — as you relax and enjoy all-suite accommodations, inspired cuisine, championship golf, water sports, and a 30,000 square foot Hawaii inspired spa.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Engineer I position maintains all buildings and equipment throughout all facilities at resort. Engineer I position will be evaluated on the condition of her or his assigned area and related equipment, the quality of work performed, the completion of assigned tasks to include utilizing computers for written correspondence and reports, trouble calls, and the completion of assigned mechanical tasks and/or number of guest rooms. Monitors, maintains, repairs and carries out the preventive maintenance program on the hotel’s equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AVERAGE % OF TIME
Major areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Perform assignments as directed by engineering management staff.
- Assist in the duties of other mechanics in the areas of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, water features, grounds maintenance, painting, and HVAC.
- Ability to use a variety of machinery and tools, such as keycutting machines and drills.
- Installs, repairs, rebuilds, and services mechanical or electrical locking devices, using handtools and special equipment.
- Disassembles locks, such as padlocks, safe locks, and door locks, and repairs or replaces worn tumblers, springs, and other part.
- Repairs and services "panic hardware" on doors.
- Install and repair of door closers.
- Must be able to utilize grinders, sanders, saws, paint sprayers, pressure washers and air compressors.
Perform any and all duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager and Director of Engineering.
Regular attendance is essential to the successful performance of this position. Irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the fluctuation in business levels in the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Resort. In addition, attendance is required at all scheduled training sessions and meetings.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with company rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the Resort’s facilities. Employees who violate Resort rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the Resort: Provide direct service to guests as needed. Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilitiesrequired.
- Ability to supervise subordinate staff, including, but not limited to, assignment of duties and evaluating service when necessary.
- Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
- Knowledge of Resort Engineering Department operations.
- Ability to communicate to all internal hotel departments and managers.
- Must have to ability to research and identify materials, parts, and tools necessary for assigned work areas for approval by Engineering Management.
- Vocational training in specialty.
- Demonstrate competency in Blueprint and schematic reading.
- Must be able to assume and complete all required responsibilities and duties on all shifts.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by Resort environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different outlets and other departments of the Resort on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Must have 5 years of electrical, HVAC, boiler, plumbing and refrigeration experience; thorough knowledge of fire alarm systems and procedures. Ability to perform, train and advise on any tasks that are within the responsibility of the Engineering Department at the highest level of proficiency as required. Associate must demonstrate leadership, the ability to follow through, work well with others, show good work habits and be safety conscious.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Montage standards.
This description is intended to indicate the typical kinds of tasks and levels of difficulty that are required of positions given this title. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
In the United States we are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact Montage Recruitment Manager at (949) 715-1396 and/or email such as email@example.com.