Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
We mentor our product engineers to become technical leaders with a broad skill set and expose them to different semiconductor disciplines such as manufacturing processes, circuit design, device physics, failure analysis, and test. Product engineering resources include a state-of-the-art failure analysis laboratory, advanced IC design and layout tools, and specialized statistical and yield analysis applications.Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, support in the following areas:
- Electrical characterization & performance evaluation of Mixed-Signal & Thermal IC's using suite of bench equipment
- Debugging silicon or bench related issues
- Generate evaluation reports and work with other functional teams to generate datasheet.
- Create automated test system software for analog and mixed-signal IC’s
- Actively participate in our New Product Development teams.
- Yield enhancement and cost reduction of manufacturing flows
- Root cause segmentation and corrective action development for manufacturing/production/customer issues
- Assessment of product/package reliability issues via fault isolation and data analyses.
- Interact with sensitivity and awareness to globally and culturally diverse personnel.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as required
- Bachelor of Science / Master’s degree in Electronics and Communications Engineering / Electrical Engineering
- 0-2 years experience
- Knowledge of analog and/or digital circuits with exposure to basic device physics
- Sound understanding of fundamental electric devices / circuit theory
- Proficient working in a lab environment and familiar with lab equipment, oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, function generators, etc.
- Solid problem-solving skills with exposure to basic statistics concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across engineering disciplines to solve problems
- Team player and good aptitude to learn
- Capability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Appetite for continuous learning in a team environment
- Knowledge on use of Microsoft Office and other tools.
- Basic Statistical knowledge (Capability analysis, risk assessment, data manipulation)
- Some work experience in related industry or internship in a similar field.
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.