Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is a full-service consulting firm offering planning, engineering and program management services. Founded in 1935, LAN has grown from its humble beginnings as a small Houston firm to a national leader in the heavy civil infrastructure engineering industry. A division of LEO A DALY, an international architecture/engineering firm, LAN has access to the expertise of nearly 800 professionals in 31 offices across the country.
LAN's San Antonio Texas Transportation team consists of highly qualified and experienced engineers and designers in roadway, bridge and transit design.
- Perform entry-level professional work including developmental assignments involving the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out routine engineering tasks under direct supervision.
- Conduct preliminary engineering evaluations and studies to identify design improvement alternatives, compare options, and assist in making design recommendations as it relates to transportation projects including urban and rural highways, bridge replacements and transit systems.
- Assist in the analysis of reports, maps, drawings, aerial photographs, perform site visits, and review survey data to plan and assemble construction documents.
- Perform plan preparation of portions of schematic and PS&E projects under the direction of project engineer or senior CADD technician.
- Assist in the preparation of quantity estimates, general notes, special specifications, preliminary engineering reports, and exhibits.
- Be responsible for project quality on tasks assigned as defined in the Quality Assurance / Quality Control guidelines.
- To understand the concepts of roadway geometrics including horizontal and vertical alignments, preliminary engineering for schematic design and final engineering for the preparation of construction documents
- To understand surveying and basic engineering terminology
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- 0-2 years of experience in the field or a related area
- Valid driver’s license
- Working knowledge of CADD, Microstation preferred, Geopak/OpenRoads a plus
- Taken and passed the FE exam
- Previous intern experience in the Transportation market is highly preferred.
Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc., is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 713-266-6900. For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the Law