Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microchip is searching for an Engineer I - Validation to be part of the USB and Networking Validation Business Unit located in Austin, TX. A candidate placed in this position will be a contributor in the USB and Networking Validation Team, focused on bringing advanced connectivity devices to market, including Ethernet switches, USB 3.2 hubs, USB Power Delivery, and other connectivity interfaces in excess of 25Gbps.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Develop validation and test plan documentation based on datasheets and customer use cases to reach a production worthy device.
- Specify and design test environments including: Software requirements, Lab equipment requirements, Test board designs, Scripting to automate test cases
- Perform lab-based post-silicon validation data collection and document results.
- Work with Design Engineering, Product Engineering, and Applications Engineering to validate new silicon products.
- Work in the lab to replicate customer issues and, when necessary, interface directly with field engineers to root cause a customer problem.
- BS or MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Working knowledge of electronics lab equipment, e.g., Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, Protocol Analyzer for electrical circuit debug.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work in collaborative group environment.
- Labview, TCL, or Python experience to work with automated test environments.
- IC Device Characterization.
- Understanding of one of more of the following protocols: USB (USB3.0, USB2.0), USB Power Delivery, Ethernet (10/100/1G BASE-T and 1G-25G SerDes), Flash Media Standards.
- Familiarity with schematic design and PCB layout and prototyping concepts.
- Experience with microcontroller development using C and/or C++.
- Peripherals Interfaces: PCI-E, SPI, I2C, UART.
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.