Evoqua has the strength of a major global business while embracing the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. Our innovative products have been solving the world’s water problems for more than 100 years. Today, we are building on that strong history of success – transforming water for our customers enriching the lives of consumers.
Evoqua’s unparalleled portfolio of proven brands, advanced technologies, mobile and emergency water supply solutions and services helps cities across the world provide and discharge clean water, and equips the leisure and commercial industries to maximize productivity and profitability. Every day, millions of people and thousands of companies rely on Evoqua Water Technologies to help meet their needs for clean water.
What does it mean to work here. . .
Our Mindset: We put customers first. We know we succeed only when our customers succeed. To that end, we make decisions at lowest possible levels, at fastest possible speeds – freeing employees to respond to customers quickly and effectively without sacrificing safety or quality.
Our organization: We work as “One Evoqua”. We collaborate across our global enterprise. In an increasingly competitive marketplace, no single product, group or unit succeeds on their own, no matter how remarkable they are. We are one team.
Our People: We hire for brains and heart. We are industry experts who foster great relationships with colleagues and customers. We value technical knowledge and experience, alongside business insight and people smarts. We nurture both the hard and soft skills of our talent.
Our Leadership: We lead from where we are. We take ownership. We lead from all levels. We value the opportunity to grow, as a business and as people. We hold each other accountable to make the right things happen for maximum performance.
Our promise: Grow with the Best. We grow with the best. We are on the move. As the world’s first choice for water solutions, our workplace will continue to evolve and expand, and so will the opportunities. This is a workplace that nourishes talented people. Immerse yourself . . . in Evoqua.
Apply today to join our 4000 professionals around the world as we pursue our purpose: Transforming Water. Enriching Life.
Evoqua is Hiring! We are looking for a Project/Mechanical Engineer in Waukesha, WI.
The Engineer II is responsible for designing customized equipment in accordance with Customer’s specifications in an “engineered to order” project environment.
The ideal candidate is willing to learn, takes initiative in improving our engineering processes, and enjoys being part of and helping create a world-class team.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Lives our culture and exemplifies our Growth Enabling Behaviors to be highly enabled to deliver, highly empowered to succeed and highly accountable to lead
- Designs customized equipment by creating drawings and 3D models such as: general arrangements for submittal, assemblies, weldments and fabrication drawings for manufacturing
- Ensures engineering and design tasks are completed on time and on budget while upholding the highest quality along with meeting Customer technical requirements.
- Performs calculations associated with numerous engineering related topics including: machine design, structural design, structural welding - AWS D1.1, material sizing, sizing pumps / blowers, piping / valves, pressure vessels, burners, steel tank fabrication and instrumentation / controls based on the requirements of each project.
- Selects and sizes structural steel components and materials
- Communicates with the Mechanical Designer, Technical Sales Engineer and Project Manager on technical decisions and project deliverables
- Projects cost impact associated with materials, engineering labor and design related decisions as compared to the estimates and forecasting of deliverables
- Employs principals of designing for manufacturability
- Interfaces with Manufacturing and external Suppliers for component selection, manufacturing and assembly
- Supports the Sales & Marketing department by creating drawings for use in proposals to Customers
- Learns and utilizes SAP for part creation and bill of material (BOM) creation
- 2-5 years of experience in mechanical design / engineering or project engineering
- BS in Mechanical, Civil, Chemical or Environmental Engineering
- Inventor certification (associate, professional or expert) a plus
- EIT or Professional Engineering certification a plus
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with engineered to order projects
- Machine design in an OEM environment
- Ability to perform engineering calculations: machine, structural, mechanical, torque & hydraulic
- 3D CAD proficiency
- 2 years of Autodesk Inventor experience preferred
- Vault experience useful
- Knowledge of welding (AWS D1.1 and ASME VIII)
- Knowledge of piping systems (pumps, valves, pressure tanks, boilers)
Evoqua Water Technologies prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Evoqua Water Technologies takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
Evoqua does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from search firms.