Is the design authority and owner of the design bases. Focuses on the design of baseline modifications and design basis control and maintenance. Design integrity is maintained through effective configuration control of design output documents (i.e., specifications, calculations, drawings, test requirements, and procedures).
- Maintains the design basis for each site and supports the maintenance of the licensing basis
- Provides cost-effective modification designs, when required, to improve plant, system or equipment performance.
- Provides technical support to operations, maintenance, engineering, and other site organizations.
- Supports safe, reliable operation by identifying and effectively resolving issues via the corrective action and work management processes.
- Develops engineering products in accordance with defined standards and procedures. Serves on outage engineering support teams, as assigned.
- Attends training and maintains the qualifications necessary to perform the required group functions. Acts as design authority for the site.
Minimum education required of the position
B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other closely related scientific disciplines/ physical science generally associated with power plant operations, or equivalent work experience (equivalent experience is defined as demonstrated success at the Engineering Level).
Minimum experience required of the position
- Engineer, III: 3 – 5 years of experience in nuclear power design, operations, or equivalent, depending upon engineering level
- Engineer, Sr: 6+ years of experience in nuclear power design, operations, or equivalent, depending upon engineering level
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required of the position
- Is the design authority and owner of the design bases.
- Focuses on the design of baseline modifications and design basis control and maintenance.
- Design integrity is maintained through effective configuration control of design output documents (i.e., specifications, calculations, drawings, test requirements, and procedures).
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required of the position
- SRO license or certification on a PWR or BWR
- Professional Engineering license.
Primary Location: Louisiana-Killona
Job Function: Nuclear
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Level II
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 88057
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Entergy will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.