Overview / Job Summary
Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Our Rolled Products North America division is seeking to add a talented Industrial Engineer to its Engineering team at our facility in Davenport, IA. The purpose of this role is support of the RPNA division in developing and maintaining standards, daily performance reports and metrics, improving quality, productivity, delivery performance, reducing cost, and developing tactical and strategic plans.
- Identify opportunities, evaluate benefits, develop recommendations, and with Manager's approval, initiate action plans to improve the production processes, practices, tactical and strategic planning and systems associated with the Industrial Engineering team and Plant Operations.
- Understand the processes and production equipment of each plant and associated safety and environmental implications.
- Conduct melt loss studies, shop floor studies, SMED events to maintain and develop production and recovery standards for use in product costing, capacity models, and performance reporting.
- Develop management systems for plant cost and audit of capital projects.
- Design, implement, and monitor systems for shop floor performance reporting.
- Create, maintain, monitor and audit actual versus planned productivity and recovery performances to standard of plant equipment and make adjustments, as necessary, to the ARPNA systems and models.
- Perform computer-modeling studies for various long range and annual plan scenarios.
- Coordinate with Area Managers to summarize plant-wide ARPNA projects; i. e., manpower requirements for planned production volumes, capital projects, and cost reduction projects.
- Support identified continuous improvement and Aleris Operating System initiatives.
- Provide assistance to Accounting to maintain and monitor costs and cost performances of the plant operations.
- Provide quality and timely advice to the Industrial Engineering Team and to the Plant Operations Managers.
- Develop and maintain a climate within ARPNA that enhances mutual respect, team identity, effective working relationships, employee involvement, innovation and generation of new ideas.
- Four-year degree in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related and 3-5 years of experience in an industrial environment.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills.
- Technological skills preferred are Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server and Report Services, Visual Basic, Discreet Event Simulation, and Lean Sigma Tools.
- Familiarity of designing, creating, modifying, testing, and reviewing database objects and functionality is preferred.
- Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing skills beneficial, MS Project, and Professional affiliations beneficial.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage multiple tasks.
- Must be able to travel to the various North American facilities.
- Requires ability to identify and accumulate meaningful and significant data, sort and analyze the data, and recommend actions to overcome specified problems or issues.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.