This is an intern level position and a part of our Estimating, Production, & Project Management Team for our Jacksonville, FL office and project sites. Engineering Interns provide data entry of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) data, geotechnical analysis, hydrographic / land surveys, and help maintain a safe working environment. No travel is required and all work is performed at Jacksonville area offices or project sites. Engineering and/or Construction Management experience preferred but not necessary.
Work schedule is 20 hours per week maximum while school is in session. Position is available year round but will be subject to periodic semester reviews during which it will be determined if subsequent semesters will be awarded based on performance. Applicant must be able to work in Jacksonville, FL on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following, additional duties may be assigned:
- Data entry of FOIA information
- Geotechnical analysis (sieve analysis, atterburg limits, specific gravity, etc.)
- Assist estimating & production department as needed
- Hydrographic surveying for construction management purposes
- Development of project work element plans and JSAs
- Coordinate project definable features of work with Manson field engineers, superintendents, foremen, craft workers, and subcontractors
- Review designs, drawings, and engineering data prepared by Manson field engineers, consultants and vendors for conformance with project plans and specifications, and identify associated conflicts
- Production monitoring
- Daily operations and quality control reporting
- Project photographic records
- General project support
- Ensures compliance with Mansons Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Conduct.
- Responsible for practicing safe work standards and promoting an Incident and Injury Free (IIF) work environment as a condition of employment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform satisfactorily the essential duties and responsibilities noted above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma and Associates degree with enrollment for a Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Civil, Coastal, Ocean or Mechanical) or Construction Management. Or, at least 2 years completion of undergraduate enrollment for a Bachelor's degree, in an accredited Civil Engineering, Coastal Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Ocean Engineering, or Construction Management program. Minimum GPA of 3.0.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Applicant must hold a valid Driver's License. Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (FE) and current registration as an Engineer in Training (EIT) preferred.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) required; experience with scheduling, estimating and project management software preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is primarily an office position, performs work at a desk. The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use stairs, ladders, and step stools and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Employee must be able to wear the personal protective equipment (PPE) in order to conduct job site visits (hard hats, personal floatation devices, safety glasses, gloves, safety-toed shoes, respirators, etc.), and able to navigate stairs, ladders and gangways, board, work on and disembark floating vessels and structures.
Manson Construction Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.