Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenshipand we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
This position is responsible for the day to day field activities of the GBMS Team, serving the City of Chicago. This individual will be tasked with but not limited to the following: reviewing subcontractor quotations for scope accuracy by comparing to City of Chicago Task Order Solicitations or requests for proposal, defining the scope for subcontractor packages once task order solicitations are received from the owner, coordinate and lead bid walk-downs with customer and subcontractor teams and completing job-site visits prior to bid, gathering of subcontractor and supplier proposals, assisting with invoicing and billing paperwork, completing requisitions for procurement of goods and services, attending Customer meetings, coordinating subcontractors to ensure timely completion of scope as defined in issued customer task orders, ensuring subcontractors are following all safe work plan policies via daily check-ins and audits, as well as other work as defined by the Senior Project Manager and Project Executive team.
This position is responsible for efficiently executing all tasks associated with the successful completion of projects totaling up to %2410MM.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Manage job controls to ensure compliance with contract, budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing.
2. Supervise, direct, and mentor project staff to ensure individual development and that project standards are met, and work is completed on time and under budget.
3. Develop and maintain project schedule to ensure work is completed on time and under budget.
4. Provide technical support in construction planning, quality control, interpretation of design, application of construction methods, resolution and documentation of design conflicts, and constructability reviews to ensure successful job completion.
5. Develop, implement and administer project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents to ensure clarification of roles.
6. Represent company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings to ensure effective communication.
7. Develop and maintain all job reporting and logs to ensure project compliance.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
• 5+ years of construction estimating support, engineering, field support, or similar experience.
• Trade work apprenticeship or experience a plus
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.).
• Advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes, standards, etc. plus an in-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units required.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; plus demonstrated ability to manage a team of varied disciplines.
• Ability to work safely in multiple conditions inside and outside daily.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.
• Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
•Ability and willingness to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis
•Valid driver’s license and ability to drive
•Organizational skills required
•Willingness to learn and adjust processes to suit various Customers
•Must be able to work within all of the City of Chicago City Limits
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the Samp;P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.ConstructionConstructionFull-time