Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is a full-service consulting firm offering planning, engineering and program management services. Founded in 1935, LAN has grown from its humble beginnings as a small Houston firm to a national leader in the heavy civil infrastructure engineering industry. A division of LEO A DALY, an international architecture/engineering firm, LAN has access to the expertise of nearly 800 professionals in 31 offices across the country. In our Waco office, LAN provides municipal infrastructure design to surrounding communities, providing technical solutions to infrastructure challenges.
- Assist with managing projects, starting with development of the initial project design concept, development of a project plan (including identification of staffing requirements and preparation of project schedule)
- Assist with the execution of project design (management of resources within constraints of project budget and schedule), and culminating with management of bid and construction phase engineering service support.
- Serve as a project engineer.
- Independently coordinate the work of engineers, designers/draft persons and sub-consultants throughout the project’s execution.
- Establish and maintain client relations.
- Attends client meetings - days or nights.
- Be involved with marketing, contractual development, and design implementation.
- Assist with managing the financial aspects of assigned engineering projects; coordinating and adjusting the work effort within the project team to ensure project work is completed on schedule and within allocated budget.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects and clients.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Responsible for project team quality system tasks as defined in the Quality Assurance / Quality Control guidelines.
- Visit construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- 4+ years’ experience in the field or a related area
- Valid driver’s license
- To understand the concepts of water distribution systems, wastewater collection systems, site development and layouts, stormwater runoff and collection, and municipal roadway design
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE)
Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc., is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 713-266-6900. For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the Law