Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Engineer, Journeyman, Mechanical
Duties, Experience, Skills, Requirements, and Information: Applies engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test and evaluate hardware and software, including military weapon systems.
- Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- The engineer applies engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management.
- May analyze, design, develop, implement, test, or evaluate automated data processing software related to engineering or functional requirements of military weapon systems, associated support systems, or management information systems.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in performing the stated function.
- Ability to work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- All candidates will be required to pass Drug Screenings
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job.
It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
- A bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline (aerospace, chemical, civil, computer, electrical, electronics, industrial, materials, mechanical, nuclear, safety) from a school where the degree curriculum was accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- Ability to obtain and maintain US DoD Secret Security clearance, throughout employment.
Our benefits and perks include:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
- Tuition and training assistance program
- Wellness program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid vacation and sick leave & 10 Paid Holidays
- Mobile phone service discount / Discounted Gym Memberships
- Work Conditions:
Conditions will vary. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings, but some outside work may be required. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching. Applicant should be capable of lifting 50-100 lbs. assisted by other employees. Vision abilities needed to perform this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.