Please note: This posting is in support of possible upcoming opportunities throughout our practice areas supporting DHS Science and Technology Directorate. Our teams are always interested in reviewing excellent, potential colleagues who may be interested in joining our teams in support of future missions. We often have opportunities for professionals at varying levels. If you are interested in being considered for Project Associate opportunities supporting these missions with us, please consider submitting your resume and information.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) monitors threats to our nation and capitalizes on technological advancements at a rapid pace, developing solutions and bridging capability gaps at a pace that mirrors the speed of life. S&T’s mission is to deliver and transition effective and innovative solutions, methods and insight to meet the critical needs of the Homeland Security Enterprise. S&T oversees basic and applied research, development, demonstration, testing and evaluation activities for DHS.
Noblis is supporting critical missions providing program support, technical and scientific advisory services, financial analysis, and data analytics support.
The Engineering roles provide scientific, technical and /or engineering support in the DHS Science and Technology Directorate, as part of a multidisciplinary team of high-performance professionals supporting the client's most vexing technical and technological challenges, and developing solutions to meet the next homeland security threats.
The Engineers broadly oversee, monitor, and support government-sponsored research programs on leading-edge technologies, evaluate the feasibility of technical approaches to problems, monitor performance against goals, develop test and evaluation strategies, and assess the efficacy, safety, cost lifecycle costs of proposed or realized solutions. The Engineers would also develop status reports, PowerPoint briefings, and read-ahead materials, as well as organize/coordinate meetings, discussions, and seminars. The Engineers are expected to be able to concisely communicate their findings to technical and non-technical audiences as needed.
These roles on may require travel (limited- 6x/year)
• B.S. in an engineering discipline relevant to national security work, to include aeronautical, chemical, electrical, mechanical, software, or related engineering fields.
• Mid-level roles require 5+ years of experience. Lead roles require 12+ years of experience.
• Mid-level roles require 3+ years of experience and Lead roles require 10+ years of experience in the following: Executing techniques to demonstrate that a prototype system, program, project, or activity performs in accordance with the objectives outlined in an original design, preferably supporting national security
• Demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility. Lead roles would preferably include direct or matrixed supervisory experience.
• Evidence of engineering skills particular to portfolio management, to include analyses of alternatives, costs, human factors, intellectual property, requirements, risks, and / or test methodologies
• Strong technical writing skills, targeting both technical and non-technical audiences
• SECRET clearance. Eligibility to obtain DHS access and Suitability.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint, Excel, and Project)
• Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint is helpful.
• Evidence of flexibility and adaptation to changes in processes, requirements, and priorities
• Experience supporting DoD and/or DHS components (e.g. TSA, CBP, FPS, NPPD, DNDO, USCG, ICE) either operationally or through program or project management
• Master's or doctoral degree in engineering relevant to national security work, to include aeronautical, chemical, electrical, mechanical, software, or closely-related engineering disciplines
• Project or program management experience
• Expertise in fields of interest to domestic national security, to include one or more of: behavioral science, biological threats, chemical threats, cybersecurity, data science, decision science, explosives, modeling/simulation, system architectures, unmanned aerial systems, or related fields
• Publications, patents, or other demonstrable evidence of expertise in these fields
• Current TOP SECRET clearance, especially with SCI access
• Current DHS access and Suitability
• DAWIA certification (especially Engineering, Test and Evaluation, and/or Science/Technology Manager)
• Experience supporting technology transition from research and development to operational use
Noblis and Noblis ESI are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Over the past two decades, Noblis has consistently earned wide recognition:
1. Best Employer: We have been a Washington Post “Top Workplace” for 5 consecutive years (2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014) including the three among the top 10. We’ve also been recognized by Glassdoor “Best Medium-Sized Company to Work For” for 2 years, and many similar awards in previous years
2. Business Ethics and Integrity: A “World’s Most Ethical Company” for 7 years by Ethisphere Institute, and a Finalist at the Greater Washington Government Contractor Awards
3. Leadership and Innovation: CEO Amr ElSawy selected to Executive Mosaic’s annual Wash 100 List, CEO Amr ElSawy named as a “Tech Titan” by the Washingtonian Magazine
Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.