Employee Type:Regular-Full time
Union/Non:This is a non-union position
WE= unlimited potential
We didn’t get to be a leader in energy delivery or ranked on the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations index on our own. We did it in partnership with outstanding individuals who work together as a team to fuel people’s quality of life. Individuals like you. And now we’re looking for just such an individual to join our team.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com.
The Engineer II (Measurement) reports to the Supervisor of Measurement and Telecommunications for Enbridge Gas Transmission’s Central Region in Nashville, TN.
This person will review and assist in the development of Region policies, procedures, and guidelines and ensure that these and other company procedures, as well as local, state and federal guidelines, regulations and laws are met within Region.
The person shall provide engineering and technical assistance to field employees and Region as a member of the Central Region Technical Staff. The person will provide support and direction for design, construction, installation, replacement, repair, and operation of company measurement and regulation stations, ancillary equipment and controls equipment. The person will recognize and evaluate operational problems as well as provide solutions and recommendations. The person will provide training for operations and maintenance employees.
This person shall provide engineering and technical support for Electronic Gas Measurement equipment, AC and solar electrical power systems, transmitters, metering devices, pressure regulators, and control valves. This person will specify equipment, write scopes of work, provide training and safety programs, review interconnect agreements and drawings, manage projects, and troubleshoot equipment.
This person should be knowledgeable in AGA requirements and Standards, and familiar with hazardous location classification with regards to natural gas pipeline facilities.
- The Engineer II is responsible for the management and technical oversight of the design of Region level capital projects (including assessing and prioritizing) and as an advisor on Technical Services Capital Projects.
- Assist cost estimating, budgeting, and in obtaining clear scope definitions in order to obtain accurate cost estimates and project definitions.
- Responsible for scheduling, cost control and forecasting for the assigned projects and reporting these to the Manager of Measurement & Telecommunications.
- Participate in design reviews with engineering for review and approval of design criteria and construction drawing packages.
- Formulate material bid specifications and requisitions; evaluate bids and make material selections.
- Work with the Procurement group to order materials for on-time delivery to the job site.
- Provide technical assistance during construction and be participant in on-site commissioning.
- Provide technical assistance to field employees.
- Assist in developing and maintaining company specifications and standards.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
- Residence Requirements: Live within 30 miles of Central Region’s Nashville, TN Office.
Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces.
Bending and Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. (Less than 0 .5 hours per day)
Light Carrying: Physically transporting items weighing less than 15 pounds from one location to another
Moderate Carrying: Items weighing 15 to 44 pounds
Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm
Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with fingers (including thumb) and palm
Light Lifting: Raising objects under 15 pounds from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from one position to another
Moderate Lifting: Objects 15-44 pounds
Reaching above shoulder: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
Sitting: Particularly for sustained periods of time
Standing: less than 0 .5 (hours per day)
Visual Requirement: (Enough to read PC screens) Examples: Able to see and read PC screens, detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print)
Hearing Requirement: Enough to: understand conversation (Examples: Able to detect specific noises, proper equipment operation, understand what clients are saying in normal conversation)
Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information
Ability to understand, remember and communicate routine, factual information
Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions
Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issue sand to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints
Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology
Ability to organize and prioritize work schedule on short-term basis
Ability to apply common sense in performing job
Ability to make decisions which have moderate impact on immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit
Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the department’s credibility, operations and series
Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines
Ability to complete routine forms, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication
Ability to communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone; required ability to hear and speak effectively on phone
Ability to compose letters, outlines, memoranda and basic reports and/or to orally communicate technical information
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 3-10 years’ experience in an engineering position in the natural gas transmission pipeline industry.
- 3-10 years’ experience in the natural gas measurement field
- A licensed Engineer
- LNG/Storage experience is a plus.
- Must be adaptable to changing project types and workloads.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage, set priorities and establish goals.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of MS Office applications.
- Overnight Travel 30-45%
The Hiring Manager may elect to fill this position at a higher/lower level within the respective job family/hierarchy based upon the skills and qualifications of the selected candidate.
We accept applications submitted via our online recruiting system only (https://careers.enbridge.com).
Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.