Eldorado Resort Casino Shreveport is timeless luxury and friendly, personal service right in the heart of downtown Shreveport, LA. With non-stop excitement and elegance, guests can experience a variety of world-class fine dining from four award-winning restaurants, one-of-a-kind memorabilia shopping in the Eldorado Gift Shop, and the hottest nightspots around with the area’s best LIVE entertainment. Eldorado Shreveport boasts over 400 luxury rooms and suites and 28,000 square feet of casino space housing over 1,500 slot machines and 50 table games. In addition, Eldorado Shreveport has over 1,000 of the best Team Members in the industry. For more information about Eldorado Shreveport, visit www.eldoradoshreveport.com and follow on Facebook and Instagram.
The Engineer-Of-The-Watch (EOW) is responsible for maintenance of the riverboat in compliance with all applicable regulatory agency regulations year round, completing quarterly inspections and having the riverboat fully ready for ABS Consulting. Inc.’s annual and semi-annual inspections. During the shift the EOW is responsible for the whole riverboat with special attention paid to the machinery spaces and tasks assigned by the Engineer-In-Charge. As a member of the Incident Response Team, the EOW has key duties as specified in the Riverboat Emergency Preparedness Manual and the Station Bills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes scheduled preventive maintenance tasks and other work assigned by the EIC.
- Maintain a continuous power supply to the riverboat through either the use of shore power or diesel generator sets. Ensure the main generators are ready to auto start and assume the electrical load on the electrical buss when the riverboat experiences a loss of shore power.
- Makes periodic rounds of the riverboat to verify that machinery and equipment are functioning properly. Specifically checks the condition of fire and safety equipment. Takes corrective action to remedy observed discrepancies.
- Answers and remedies maintenance calls received during the watch.
- Notifies the EIC of system malfunctions in accordance with Standing Orders.
- Maintains an engineroom watch log of all significant activities during the watch.
- Fulfills emergency response duties assigned to the EOW in Station Bills.
- Other duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to use all equipment, systems, and tools typically associated with the position.
- Guest service and public relations skills are essential.
- Strong oral and written communications skills are needed.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as vessel schematics, blueprints, construction drawings and policy and procedure documents.
- Able to understand Material Safety Data Sheet instructions and warnings.
- Must be able to work a flexible and varying schedule, which may include 12+ hour shifts, and/or lengthy duty assignments.
- Ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in an emergency.
- Ability to manage and resolve complex issues. Can be a high stress environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality as needed to safeguard team-members, and proprietary data.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience at a commensurate level of responsibility on a commercial vessel or equivalent industry.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid state Employee Gaming License.
- The ability to obtain and maintain any licenses, permits, insurance, or indemnifications necessary for the completion of duties and responsibilities associated with this position, or for the protection of the Company’s assets, employee, or patrons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Able to stand, sit, or lie prone for prolonged periods.
- Able to work at heights of 40 feet or more, and/or in confined spaces.
- Able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Requires periodic outdoor exposure in all weather conditions.
- Frequent pushing, pulling, bending, and walking.
- Lifting up to 50-lbs. as needed, without assistance.
- Casino environment exposed to various temperatures, smoke, dust and fumes, bright lights, and excessive noise levels.
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Essential duties must be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
Caesars Entertainment joins two successful gaming leaders, Caesars Entertainment and Eldorado Resorts, who have come together to create the largest and most diversified collection of destinations across the U.S.
Boasting many of the world’s most prestigious gaming brands, we are the global leader in gaming and hospitality. While each of our over 55 world-class resorts offer its own unique amenities, all share a common goal of providing unparalleled family-style service and exhilarating experiences.
Your Empire awaits.