BoehringerIngelheim Fremont is the rapidly growing US arm of Boehringer Ingelheim’sBiologics Business Unit. We are a fully integrated biologics operation withover 500 scientist and specialists, covering cutting edge early- to late stageCMC development, clinical and commercial drug substance and drug productmanufacturing, medical device assembly for combination products and packagingoperations.
Weare continuing our rapid growth, investing over $200m into the expansion of ourcapacity and capabilities, and creating approximately 200 new jobs.
Drivingthis growth is an exciting pipeline of multiple Boehringer Ingelheim novelbiologic entities (NBEs) and biosimilars, as well as, a growing diverseportfolio of therapeutics we develop and manufacture for other leading pharmaand biotech companies. This includes multiple commercial product launchesplanned over the next couple of years, for which we can tap intoBoehringer Ingelheim’s unique experience of having brought 30+ biologics tomarket globally.
Leveragingour diverse talent pool, we are also driving technology and innovationglobally, through major investment and collaborations into next generationmanufacturing platforms and technologies, which may change how biologics willbe made in the future.
Whetherwe work on our own products, help partners to bring their products to market orinnovate new technologies and approaches - Everything we do, we do to helppatients!
- Reliability Projects and Capital Expenditure:
- Develops, plans and implements reliability-based projects and solutions, including determination and delivery on cost, time and quality. In doing so, ensures sustained production, successful product launches and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures effective maintenance and availability of manufacturing equipment by:
- Identifying and managing production equipment issues - Using and sharing reliability technical knowledge for troubleshooting, investigations and training
- Managing the reliability tactical implementation plan for reliability improvement projects
- Providing management with KPIs on reliability program effectiveness
- Optimization and compliance:
- Ensures overall equipment effectiveness
- Creates, modifies, and maintains reliability program and documentation, including asset on-boarding specification documents and SOPs
- Leads BPE/MPE activities to ensure a continuous optimization process
- Supports definition and implementation of best practice of reliability strategy program, through the Global Engineering Network for automation and standardization; participates in peer reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Engineering
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant reliability engineering for maintenance strategies or operations experience within a GMP environment required; including at least one (1) year of recent automation experience highly desired.
- Senior Engineer Requirements: Minimum of (5) years of relevant reliability engineering for maintenance strategies or operations experience within a GMP environment required; including two (2) years of recent automation experience highly desired.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience leading projects required.
- Senior Engineer Requirements: Minimum of three (3) years of experience leading projects required.
- Experience managing risk to achieve an organization’s strategic objectives in the areas of environmental health and safety, asset capability, quality and production.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older