Location: Washington, D.C.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Data QA engineer to join our team. The position requires a strong engineer with experience in testing of huge data-warehouse and complex reports. Qualified candidates will need to programmatically test the solution, measure test coverage, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the solution, while promoting best practices in quality areas. The system test should expose integration defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature end-to-end prospective. Candidates will need to define test plans, test specifications, test suites, test cases as well as design tools for unit, functional and performance testing in a programmatic manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Review project deliverables such as business requirements, functional requirements, technical designs as they relate to a given test stage.
* Review and provide input to test deliverables.
* Define test plan/strategy and identify risks related to testing efforts.
* Create test cases based on requirement & technical design specifications for data validation.
* Understand ETL logic & write complex SQL queries for data and report validation.
* Understand Cognos Report logic and develop SQL queries for report data quality validation.
* Identify and analyze data discrepancies and data quality issues and work to ensure data consistency and integrity.
* Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
* Work across various groups & effectively drive testing of cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements.
* Inform the project test lead of issues that may affect the schedule, budget, or quality of the solution or the testing process.
* Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field, or equivalent, relevant experience.
* 5 to 8 years of experience in QA analyst roles in business intelligence (data warehouse & report) environments.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated keen sense of detail and accuracy.
* Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Background with traditional databases such as Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, ETL tools/processes and data warehousing architectures.
* Experience in using tools such as Informatica, job scheduling and Unix scripting.
* Extensive testing experience in data warehouse, DataMart, Stored procedure, ETL jobs, Report, Cube.
* Experience in test data management.
* Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures.
* Experience with raw, unstructured data.
* Strong quantitative, data tabulation and analytic skills.
* Ability to investigate discrepancies in data by writing queries and comparative analysis.
* Ability to develop and use test plans, test cases, test scripts, test results
* Experience using technical documents such as business requirements, functional requirements, database design representations, data and systems flow diagrams.
* Streaming data validation experience is plus.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled