The overall objective of the Reliability Engineer is to ensure safe and reliable operation of production facilities at the lowest life cycle cost. The Reliability Engineer will be responsible for the identification, development, and implementation of innovative solutions to electrical reliability issues for multiple facilities. This person will be expected to work independently and make technical decisions and recommendations based on collection and analysis of data and information and analysis of cost, risk and benefits.
- Analyze data and information from multiple sources to identify, recommend and justify life-cycle cost and reliability improvement activities
- Assist in engineering, design, specification and assessment of electrical equipment, and assets
- Assist in or Manage execution and commissioning of expense/capital projects or initiatives for electrical reliability improvement
- Identify and resolve long-term or chronic electrical asset concerns
- Own and lead the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process for major failures to ensure prevention of re-occurrence
- Monitor and Optimize Predictive and Preventive Maintenance programs at operating facilities
- Review and update Standard Maintenance Procedures (SMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Identify, pilot and implement new technologies for reliability improvement
- Drive resolution of highest impact issues with a strong sense of urgency and integrity
- Utilize Six Sigma methodologies for continuous improvement of Reliability
- Track and report on KPI’s, metrics and key initiatives
- Adhere to all CEMEX and O.S.H.A. rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- Associates Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum 6 years of experience in maintenance/reliability engineering in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Proven experience in maintenance and engineering of electrical equipment such as low/medium/high voltage switchgear, transformers, motors and distribution systems
- Proven knowledge of Preventive and Predictive maintenance methodologies and technologies
- Proven experience in execution of Reliability methodologies such as RCA, RCI, FMEA, Statistical downtime analysis, Fishbone analysis etc
- Proven experience in engineering, specification and design of electrical systems, assets and projects
- Excellent communication, team interaction and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work independently as well as lead/participate on cross functional teams
- Proven experience as a self-starter who effectively manages multiple tasks and achieves results with minimal supervision
- Proven understanding of electrical regulatory and industrial standards and codes
- Proven understanding of control and instrumentation systems in an industrial manufacturing environment
- CMRP or CRE status
- Proven experience in CMMS systems
- Proven knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies and techniques
- Proven knowledge of reliability methodologies and strategies such as RCM, TPM, Spare Parts Management, Planning & Scheduling and CMMS optimization
- Capability to work extended hours as necessary
- Ability to work with standard office/computer equipment
- Ability to participate in required overnight travel as necessary
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, información genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
Nearest Major Market: San Antonio