Location: DFW Headquarters Building 7 (DFW-SV07)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 33870
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
- This job is a member of the Information Technology Team, within the Information Technology Division.
- Responsible for leading process and tool set implementation and improvement that will enable Continuous Integration/Deployment environments and workflows.
What you'll do
- Leverages combination of consulting skills, technical ability, development knowledge, and architeture strategy to assess the needs of a customer in order to leverage DevOps methodologies
- Coordinates with internal customers in a DevOPs fashion with Developers, Quality Assurance, Operations and Release Managers, as well as leaders across the enterprise
- Works with application development team to adopt continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) tools, including GitHub Enterprise, Cloudbees Jenkins, SonaType Nexus Repository Manager, and SonarQube
- Integrates upstream and downstream development/QA/Security testing tools into the enterprise toolchain
- Automates application build and deployment pipeline utilizing the DevOps toolchain and drive for best practice
- Upgrades, maintains, and improves the DevOps toolchain service infrastructure.
- Provides tools training to new users
- Continuously supports application teams with their development pipeline
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications - Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or other related technical field or equivalent experience/training
- 5 years of experience with configuration and administration of continuous integration tool Jenkins.
- 3 years of experience with source code management system configuration and administration, such as Git, SVN, and AccuRev
- 3 years of experience working in Agile software development environment or related field using Java or .NET
- Working knowledge of common networking protocols (e.g., HTTP, TCP, IP, SSH, FTP, SMTP, DNS, LDAP), load balancer, firewall, storage
- Strong knowledge with Jenkins Pipeline job and Groovy scripts, with experience creating shared library and Jenkins plugin.
- Strong knowledge of branching strategy. Able to work with application team and recommend the right branching strategy based on their development process.
- Experience with build tools Ant and Maven
Preferred Qualifications - Education & Prior Job Experience
- Large scale application deployment experience, as well as extensive build and release engineering experience and proven ability to design and develop automated deployment solutions.
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture (REST APIs, micro-services, etc.) and ability to develop code to make API calls
- Experience with CloudBees Enterprise Jenkins is preferred
- Experience with GitHub Enterprise is preferred
- Experience with Gradle is a plus
- Knowledge of Cloud-native platform, such as Cloud Foundry
- Knowledge of declarative pipelines
- Experience with creating infrastructure as code (Docker)
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Ability to integrate Quality testing and Security testing tools into continuous improvement (CI) process (e.g., HP QTP, Selenium, JMeter, HP Fortify, SonarQube)
- Capable of writing comprehensive technical documentation and diagrams
- Understand end to end application development lifecycle from code commit to production deployment
- Have an Ops mindset and understand production change processes
- Able to work/collaborate with other teams to drive for result
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 33870