HOT NEW JOB! The job you have been looking for!!
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Camden, NJ, the company employs over 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states and Ontario, Canada. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
Responsible for project management, engineering design, and bidding on projects relating to various aspects of the business with an emphasis on supporting strategic long term water system planning and recommending projects or approaches to address needs related to source of supply, treatment, storage, pumping and transmission of water. Assist in the preparation of detailed asset investment plans considering the cost, timing, prioritization, operational need and risk. Responsibilities may also include the technical supervision over consulting project engineers.
Coordination and preparation of strategic water system planning studies (comprehensive or targeted, issue based studies as appropriate) as assigned. (50%)
System capacity evaluations, analysis of source, production, distribution, storage, or other system deficiencies as assigned to support ongoing operations, service extension requests or regional growth opportunities. (20%)
Ability to serve as a competent technical resource on Water System Planning matters including capital planning, safe yield analysis, demand projections, production adequacy, transmission and distribution adequacy, computerized hydraulic modeling and analysis, water conservation, regionalization, and other pertinent subjects as needed to support operational and business needs. Present results of engineering analysis to interested parties within and outside of the company. (10%)
Manage multiple projects and perform varied engineering assignments associated with planning, design or implementation. (10%)
Pursues educational opportunities and professional development to enhance performance and contributions to the organization. (5%)
Contribute to effective communication by listening and providing constructive feedback; supporting the creation of an open and honest work environment; cascading and sharing knowledge and information relevant to other members of the team and colleagues across the business. (5%)
Knowledge / Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering design theory and practice, project management, construction and contract management, water resources, water/wastewater facilities and utility operations.
- Knowledge of current trends in water quality and treatment and other aspects of the regulated and non-regulated water industry.
- General understanding of US regulations (commercial and environmental), legislation and trends impacting the water industry.
- Sound business acumen and judgment.
- Competencies (from the Water Division Competency Dictionary)
- Analysis and Problem Solving - Analyzes and resolves business issues through the application of critical reasoning skills and general business experience.
- Delivers Results - Delivers bottom line results through bold, decisive actions, working through risks and uncertainty to create opportunity.
Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 0 - 4 years experience in water resources design and project management.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.