Location: Los Angeles, CA
Engineer, Studio Operations LA, will lead sound engineer for SiriusXM's Los Angeles performance studio. Responsible to the LA site Engineering Director and the Senior Director, Performance Studio Ops for assigned recording sessions to be set up and broken down and assist in the capture and other remote broadcast and site technical broadcast maintenance duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead LA performance studio operations for recording sessions assigned, to include:
* Setting up breaking down equipment,
* Arranging for backline resources to support the bookings,,
* Coordinating artist booking requirements,
* Assisting in the operation and storing of video equipment used to record performances,
* Assisting in the remote audio capture assignments,
* Assisting in the LA site studio configuration and maintenance task.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
* Minimum of 3 or more years of experience in planning, staging and capturing live and recorded broadcasts/events including live and studio multi-track recording experience, broadcast studio and transmission operations and familiarity with digital audio workstations of various types and remote recording environments. Specific knowledge in:
* Audio console operation -- multi-track recording/editors,
* Pro Tools configuration and operation,
* Music industry practices.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Good public speaking and presentation skills.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Proficiency with digital audio workstations, MS Office Suite and resource scheduling tools required.
* Proficiency with latest version of Avid Pro Tools required.
* Advanced knowledge of Performance setup and performance session planning, setup and capture.
* Extensive knowledge on the use and maintenance of industry-standard recording equipment.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled