Provides assistance to engineering unit personnel to support development of specifications, preparation of store orders and estimates, review of available data to support project scope development, and preparation of outage reports. Develops and prepares plans of more than average difficulty and complexity and ensures they are consistent with business plans. Employs limited knowledge of engineering theory, mathematics, and the physical sciences. Performs the necessary research of files, drawings, codes, specifications, and other departments, offices or manufacturers. Acts as liaison with drafting personnel on field revisions and minor engineering changes. Provides assistance to engineering unit personnel in problem investigations and evaluations. Assists in obtaining performance data of power plant equipment. Uses computer terminal to manipulate and analyze data to make calculations and create graphic presentations to include in reports and presentations. Provides support for project management for maintenance and capital projects. Attends conferences of engineers and representatives of other departments to develop overall plans for projects. Evaluates proposals and recommends equipment and service purchases. Checks vendors' or manufacturers' prints for correctness and conformance with specification. Visits job sites to obtain information and to discuss problems with engineering and maintenance personnel. Prepares sketches, drawings, and schematic diagrams as necessary to support Unit functions. Working on CRC and Pond Work.
1. Assists in the work on smaller engineering projects or well-defined areas of larger projects. Uses existing procedures to investigate, evaluate and assist in producing technically correct and cost effective designs or recommendations that solve
2. Builds relationships that will facilitate knowledge transfer, cross functional knowledge of related work groups, and ability to present work products effectively.
3. Works under supervision in the field and/or home office in a variety of functions and challenging but structured work that develops competencies in the function/discipline.
4. Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using well defined engineering procedures, which may include routine and diagnostic testing of components and systems, and engineering studies.
5. Continually expands and improves technical and business skill set under own initiative with instruction, guidance and direction from others.
6. Assists in a variety of topics including developing innovative procedures, improved design recommendations or new or better equipment purchase recommendations.
Basic Qualifications - Engineer
1. Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering from a college or university accredited by ABET, or recognized by ABET as substantially equivalent.
1. Internship/co-op in the energy industry preferred.
2. Engineer in Training Certificate.
Basic Qualifications - Support Engineer
1. Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering or engineering technology from a college or university accredited by ABET, or recognized by ABET as substantially equivalent.
2. Minimum 2 years related engineering experience.
4. Good verbal and written communication skills.
5. Strong client-service orientation, abilty to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization.
1. Engineer in Training Certificate.
2. Experience in the energy industry.
Basic Qualifications - Senior Engineer
1. Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering or engineering technology. Discipline required will vary by the specific job requirements or, Professional Engineer license in the specific position discipline. Discipline required will vary by the specific job requirements.
2. Minimum 5 years related engineering experience.
3. Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry standards for the specific position.
1. Bachelors Degree in engineering.
2. Professional Engineer, registered in applicable state.
Experienced in project management
Time TypeFull time
Number of Openings1
Note: You will have an opportunity to add attachments to your application. Please use this opportunity to upload your resume, cover letter, and any relevant documents .