Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft
We are seeking talent to join our team in Rockford, IL for ISR Mission Systems. This position is for a Systems Engineering professional who has responsibility and ownership in the following…
- Requirements Analysis and Development
- Architecture Design
- Manage concept definition, systems requirements definition, functional decomposition, and requirements management within the context of an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment.
- Delegate and provides direction to the technical team with respect to flow down of system requirements, oversight of investigations and analyses, and integration of system elements.
- Principal technical interface to the customer and can expect to speak on technical matters during program reviews, status meetings, and other formal and informal interactions with the customer.
- Broad-based design and analysis of complex systems, and may involve "hands-on" hardware testing.
- Establish, maintain, and execute product level plans
- Define technical objectives for Design Verification & Validation
- Apply basic electrical and mechanical principles to design and analyze system interactions
- Development Testing, Verification & lifecycle documentation
- Adherence to Configuration Management and Change Control
- Conduct/Participate in Design Reviews, Customer Audits
- Manage many tasks simultaneously and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability and experience leading a team
- Understanding of system development processes
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
Bachelors w/2-3 years’ experience Electrical/Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering
Masters Degree w/ 0-2 years experience in Electrical/Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering
- Systems Architecting of military, space, or commercial aerospaceelectrical, hydraulic, and/or turbine power systems
- Requirements Management including derivation, decomposition,, validation, and compliance of verification using DOORs or similar
- Model Based System Engineering experience using No Magic Cameo or similar to model system solutions to stakeholder requirements
- System verification including writing test plans, test procedures, etc. External stakeholder interfacing including requirements negotiation, trade study presentations, and design reviews.
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Due to special projects US Citizen required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on thislinkto read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.