Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
This Test Engineer position is to be an active member in the development of MCU08 PIC microcontroller devices. The primary focus is to work within the New Product Development team in Chandler to develop test programs for new products and actively work with others in Design, Architecture, Product and Test Engineering.
1. Develop new test programs based on Verilog simulations and assembly language, generate and debug new test patterns, silicon characterization programs and product qualification programs for new silicon.
2. Maintain test programs, improve test efficiency, manufacturing yield and throughput on recently released products. This includes test flow optimization, test time reduction and hot/cold test elimination.
3. Interface and debug test issues with Microchip Manufacturing engineers in Thailand especially during new product qualifications and new product releases.
4. Interface and debug test issues with overseas New Product teams.
5. Analyze and create characterization reports, ie: histograms and distributions of parametric data collected on new silicon over various conditions.
6. Will grow into being the driver for production and qualification test program development as well as analyze, debug and correct test issues when running material through production environment.
Required: BS degree in either Electrical or Computer Engineering.
Required: 0 - 2 years experience in test of digital / microcontroller devices.
Required: Knowledge of computer or microcontroller architecture.
Required: Knowledge of assembly language programming.
Required: Hands-on experience using lab equipment such as Oscilloscope, DVM, logic analyzers.
Required: Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Project)
Preferred: Software experience with C/C++, Assembly and/or Microsoft Visual Basic.
Preferred: Experience and understanding of mixed signal devices such as ADC, DAC, Comparators, Bandgap References, LDO, Oscillator Circuits, etc
Preferred: Knowledge of nonvolatile memory.
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.