VT Group is a leading technology integrator with close to 50 years’ experience delivering technology and C4ISR solutions to solve the complex challenges faced by our government and commercial customers in the Defense and National Security markets. We do more than provide technical expertise and operational support to our government partners and commercial customers. We help America’s leaders make the best possible decisions for our country’s future.
The Systems Engineer will serve in a cross-functional role that includes technical solution development. In this position you will work directly with customer to develop combat system requirements, analyze commercial technologies to meet requirements, develop recommendation on integrating new technologies to support designing future combat systems, and evaluate and assess system engineering architecture models and products to determine if they meet the requirements. The successful candidate will work effectively across functions with other product team members in developing architecture products and ICS solutions.
- Review program specifications, guidance documents and create technical documentation, draft correspondence, reports, meeting minutes, and other products as required.
- Participate in System of Systems Engineering Technical Reviews, Trade studies, design meetings, identify program risks and mitigation steps and provide recommendations/resolutions to issues and actions.
- Provide technical interface to PEO IWS, NAVSEA, NAVAIR, SPAWAR, and various support and in-service engineering agents in order to meet Integrated Combat System cybersecurity requirements.
- Prepare outlines, draft reports and documentation to support Flag level technical and financial briefings/meetings and major milestone decisions.
- Support Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Progress Reviews, off sites, etc.
- Maintain databases and track internal and external tasks.
- Perform/support, review and/or analyze feasibility, rough order of magnitude, and concept studies.
- BS Technical or Engineering degree
- 5-11 years experience NAVY/DOD, AEGIS, PEO IWS, MBSE, Agile, DEVOPS, DEVSECOPS, Cloud Architectures, Cyber
- Provides technical analysis, design, development, troubleshooting, and process improvement of engineering programs.
- Analyzes and evaluates major system project parameters and requirements.
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- Coordinates development and validation of engineering processes and products, ranging from small component designs to large-scale plant, machinery, equipment, and systems.
- Participates in all stages of system and product lifecycle, from research and development to design and manufacture to installation, testing, and final commissioning.
- Provides operational expertise in support of the analysis, development, implementation, integration, and testing of Cybersecurity capabilities.