DuPont is a science company dedicated to solving challenging global problems, while creating measurable and meaningful value for its customers, employees and shareholders. Our dynamic portfolio of products, materials and services meets the ever-changing market needs of diverse industries in more than 90 countries. We unite around a set of core values—safety and health, environmental stewardship, highest ethical behavior and respect for people.
DuPont was built on a proud heritage and a collaborative ethic. We partner with like-minded companies to help supply Earth’s burgeoning population with better, safer food; abundant and sustainable energy; and protection for what matters most—our planet and its inhabitants.
The DuPont Washington Works Site is located in Parkersburg, West Virginia. The site is part of DuPont Transportation and Industrial business and is consisted of two operation units: Engineered Polymers (EP) and Performance Resins (PR). This site now has an excellent leadership opportunity for an experienced candidate to serve as the EP Unit Manager for our Washington Works site.
Provide strategic direction consistent with business input and competitive landscape to manage the operation of the Engineering Polyester (EP) unit at the Washington Works Site. EP unit consists of four independent manufacturing locations, Autoclave, EPC- East, MPW, and Specialty Compounding. This position has overall accountability for the safety, production, quality, cost and on-time delivery for these areas, ensuring the safety and environmental performance and financial results of the area. This position will function as a key member of the Washington Works Staff Team and will report directly to the site Plant Manager.
Your key responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an integrated plan for T&I EP that details the key work, milestones and KPI’s to drive the competitiveness of the assets.
- Responsible for integrating business needs and functional requirements to ensure the most competitive solutions are implemented.
- Responsible for providing sustainable processes and organizational structure/culture that deliver the desired results to the company. create appropriate work environment and executing HR policies.
- Responsible for the development and succession planning for Washington Works EP employees including wage, non-exempt, and exempt.
- Responsible for driving cost competitiveness improvement strategies. Ensure results are delivered over time (short-term and mid-term) to reach expected targets.
- Responsible for active asset management and the development of longer term plans through capital investment.
- Responsible for actively participating in management of the site through Site Staff and representing Washington Works EP interests
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Sciences or equivalent .
- More than 10 years of Operations Leadership Experience.
- Strong Continuous Improvement experience (ex.- Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Visual Management, and Standardized Work Processes).
- Strong Process Safety Management experience.
- Strategic planning and business analysis experience.
- Quality and cost management experience
- Teambuilding and consensus building experience is essential.
- Personal behavior that models and demonstrates accountability for maintaining DuPont Core Values.
- Chemical manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Six Sigma or Lean Management experience preferred.
- Experience in IATF Quality Systems is preferred.
- With an additional MBA degree is preferred.
At DuPont, we have an unbridled commitment to deliver essential innovations that enrich people’s lives, enable sustainable development and foster human potential for generations to come.
Innovations developed from highly engineered products and naturally sourced ingredients shape industries and everyday life. From smarter homes to more efficient cars, from better ways of digitally connecting to new tools that enable active and healthy lifestyles…in all these areas and many more, we’re working with customers to transform their ideas into real world answers that help humanity thrive.
Coupled with core values and excellent compensation & benefits… Together, we’re turning possibilities into real world answers that help humanity prosper!