Primary Location: United States-San Diego-Fairmont Grand Del Mar
Employee Status: Regular
Engineering Administrative Assistant
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Engineering Director, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Maintain a positive guest relation at all times, resolving guest complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction. Greet guests in a courteous and caring manner using personalized service.
Perform administrative duties to support departmental management including managing calendars, handling calls, scheduling appointments and coordinating travel arrangements.
Compose, prepare and distribute professional letters and memos, and email often of a confidential nature.
Prepare and process purchase orders, expense reports, invoices, check requests, and telecommunication requests for approval.
May be responsible for maintaining the department checkbook and for updating a budget back-up. Assist in maintaining the department budget.
Reviews department contracts and agreements to ensure accuracy and informs management of recommendations for amendments.
Takes notes and/or minutes, routes incoming mail, and performs all administrative aspects of the job.
Use creativity and judgement in assigned duties, Assigned tasks will be performed independently, using pre-established procedures and guidelines.
Responsible for the safeguarding, confidentiality and privacy of all colleague information.
Answer phone calls, emails and voicemails daily and respond in a timely manner with accurate information. Serve as a resource to all colleagues in the company.
Perform routine clerical duties such as copying, scanning, filing and mailing of appropriate items, make copies of company forms or other printed material.
Ensures that department supplies are maintained, ordering additional supplies as necessary and maintain filing systems.
Utilizes various software programs to monitor job requisitions, status of evaluations, time and attendance and other related duties.
Keep accurate and timely records and prepare statistical reports related to major area of responsibility.
Maintains a working knowledge of company facilities, as well as special events on property, in order to advise guests and fellow colleagues of the same, whenever possible.
Responsible for conducting all responsibilities in a professional and ethical manner.
Responsible for maintaining consistent, regular attendance record and meet appearance standards.
Adheres to performance standards, company policies and procedures, as they relate to the department.
Track and analyze the Fairmont Grand Del Mar recycling program.
Collect and log data from recycling vendors as items are collected.
Administer programs, projects, and/or processes specific to the department.
Serve as administrative liaison with other departments and outside entities.
Perform time and attendance duties for the department as required.
Serves as a mentor for colleagues in the department.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
- Three years of experience working in an Engineering / Facilities Department.
- Ability to type 35 words per minute.
- Ability to file materials using appropriate filing protocol.
- Ability to multi-task and reprioritize throughout the day.
- Demonstrated confidentiality, privacy and safeguarding colleague information.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Leadership skills including the ability to articulate clear and precise direction and create a positive work environment with open communication and consistency.
- Ability to speak and understand the English Language.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, instructions guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions, and policies and procedures manuals written in the English language.
- Ability to understand oral and verbal communication while using Fairmont Grand Del Mar’s communicating tools which include but are not limited to radios, cell phones, and or email.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form referring back to established guidelines and policies and procedures.
- Ability to define problems involving several concrete variables, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to carry out primary duties, responsibilities and tasks.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts, Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Must use very good to excellent judgment when providing information to our guests and maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Must be able to successfully pass applicable auditions or skill testing.
- Experience in the hospitality industry or a related department preferred.
- Clear vision (close, distant, peripheral, and depth perception) is needed for navigating office and hotel environments, reading and reviewing reports and policies, operating data processing equipment and other essential job functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The colleague may be required to stand, walk, and sit and use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- The colleague is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.The colleague must frequently lift and/or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.