Working under minimal supervision from engineers, perform a variety of complex and specialized tasks while supporting Design Engineers with the design and development of new power supply products and engineering support of the existing products.
Perform evaluations, qualifications and testing on these products. Responsible for generating the documentation package for all products designed. Be able to interface with internal organizations regarding product related issues.
- 5 - 7 years of position related experience
- Strong knowledge of Analog or Power electronics circuits
- Proficient with standard electronic lab equipment: oscilloscopes, voltmeters, and power supplies
- Strong understanding of schematics, assembly drawing and test specifications
- Knowledge of component types and ratings, understand voltage, power and current relationships, simple op amp theory, and transistor operation
- Excellent soldering skills
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to understand and follow-through on both verbal and written instructions
- Strong interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally
- Good computer skills, including the ability to access and utilize information from existing data base systems.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Vicor is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability