Performs independent failure analysis on assigned product platform failures. Under general supervision from engineers is able to devise and conduct experiments in order to identify and/or resolve design issues. Provides assistance to other technicians as necessary. Alerts manufacturing supervisors to the identified production issues. Is able to identify priorities in failure analysis and concentrate on most important. When necessary assists Manufacturing in minimizing production loss by participating in scrap reduction teams. Works with responsible design, manufacturing and quality engineers in resolving identified issues. Working with other technicians performs all necessary set up, maintenance and calibration of bench instruments and equipment. Logs and tracks the results of failure analysis into appropriate database (FATS).
- Experience in operating and maintaining electronic instruments
- An Associate Degree or Certification in a technical discipline is required
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Good understanding of electronics principles
- Working knowledge of power supply circuits
- Must understand verbal and written instructions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Vicor is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Radio Frequency (RF) Engineering Manager